Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
Looks nice. Are the hose clamps stainless steel too? Does it move around much or is it pretty secure?
I think the clamps could be stainless but i don,t know for sure. I just got back from a 50 mile ride and the guard did not move at all.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #17

Nice looks sharp! I like the look of that Brozz Recon in tan and the red accents are a nice touch too.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 05-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #18

that looks really sharp Paul, I am subscribing so that I don't miss anything.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
Nice looks sharp! I like the look of that Brozz Recon in tan and the red accents are a nice touch too.
Thanks so much

Old 05-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
that looks really sharp Paul, I am subscribing so that I don't miss anything.
Thanks

Old 05-10-2020, 09:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsstag View Post
Thanks, I had considered header wrap as i have used it on my Race car headers but usually after a few heat cycles and water splashes etc they look untidy .Then i see your bike with many heat cycles plus i assume rain events , possibly some mud and your bike still looks great. I only run the wrap to protect my pants and skin.

I just got back from a 50 mile ride and my front header pipe is a blue/purple color, probably lean . I may have to address the carb sooner than i thought.
That header wrap has had water, mud, even oil all over it. It cleans up well, better than most wraps. I swear by it. DEI Titanium wrap. Costs a bit more but holds up a lot better. It still eventually starts to fray at the edges though, so its not perfect. I actually might try that heat shield once the wrap needs re-done.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Thanks, I had considered header wrap as i have used it on my Race car headers but usually after a few heat cycles and water splashes etc they look untidy .Then i see your bike with many heat cycles plus i assume rain events , possibly some mud and your bike still looks great.

I just got back from a 50 mile ride and my front header pipe is a blue/purple color, probably lean . I may have to address the carb sooner than i thought.
I doubt its lean if it runs fine. That stuff is a super-thin wall so it heats up quickly. I have the same exhaust on my storm and its discolored and I know its running on the rich side from fall/winter jetting. I bought header wrap but never installed it.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
I doubt its lean if it runs fine. That stuff is a super-thin wall so it heats up quickly. I have the same exhaust on my storm and its discolored and I know its running on the rich side from fall/winter jetting. I bought header wrap but never installed it.
Mine has never blued (purple) and it's made of the same low grade stainless. Chances are he is a tad lean, thought I doubt it's by much or anything to write home about. On a rich(er) tune the pipe will turn a straw golden brown color. pretty much all the way through. That is what mine ended up doing before I got around to putting the wrap on.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Mine has never blued (purple) and it's made of the same low grade stainless. Chances are he is a tad lean, thought I doubt it's by much or anything to write home about. On a rich(er) tune the pipe will turn a straw golden brown color. pretty much all the way through. That is what mine ended up doing before I got around to putting the wrap on.
Before i went on the ride yesterday the pipe was that goldish color with a little bit of that blue color around the expansion chamber joints .

The bike is running a little better now at about 140 miles , my first and second ride up to the town of Pinos Altos (7000ft) and the last mile is probably 6-8% climb the bike dropped 3 mph in 5th gear , yesterday it dropped only 1 mph over the same climb .

As far as RPM go the little engine is all but done at 7000 rpm's,
that, i'm sure, will get better with more miles

I will pull the spark plug next time i'm down in my garage to see how it looks.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Fitted a new exhaust on the Brozz as well.

I bought the universal one from E bay for a Honda CRF 230.

It fit very well around the frame and air box . The only thing i had to do was bend the clutch actuation lever down just a little to clear the exhaust. Also the header pipe plate needed the holes elongated a little to mount up to the head.

I drilled a new mount hole for the center mount where the header pipe joins the intermediate pipe , and lastly i drilled a new hole where the exhaust silencer hanger sits, i put about a half inch spacer to push the muffler out wards to miss the rear fender.

The stock pipe on the Brozz is very very quiet but a little restrictive . This new exhaust has a decent bark to it but it is a little louder than i want so i went ahead and ordered a couple of baffles that i will try in the muffler to make it a little quieter.

On the header pipe the chamber that looks like it has a cat in it (the stock header pipe has a cat in that area) is just an empty chamber. I have ordered a carbon fibre heat shield to go over that chamber and will send a photo when it comes in.

Also the stock exhast with its chrome covers is very heavy. This new exhaust is several pounds lighter.
New sub just finding this. How much clearance on the airbox? I take it you did not wrap it. Looks super sharp.