Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #16

I live in Ohio.. and here it IS and endorsement on top of our regular licence... same with my Class A CDL... its all on the same card.

However, I am not sure what the deal is if you would only want a Motorcycle licence.. not sure if that could be made as a seperate thing... i know they do issue a "State ID card" if you dont or cant drive.

I am kinda wondering how he was able to GET the temp packet in the first place without a valid Drivers licence. It could be that the DMV screwed up by giving it to him in the first place...still it may be his fault regardless...ignorance of the law is not considered an excuse generally.

I had a similar thing happen to me.. I got a ticket in KY, paid the ticket.. but they never "got " the money...

8 Months later I was pulled over and told my licence was suspended.. paid the ticket next day, got re-instated, then went to court next month, ended up being convicted of driving under sups. then on probation for a year... It also prevented me from getting my CDL for another 3 years... Schnieder would not hire anyone that had been convicted of driving under suspension.. to them it was as bad as a DUI.

ZAPKIN said his licence was expired.. .. so that may be different... But he may want to get a lawyer if this cant be resolved without going to court...if they convict you of this... you could end up paying very high insurance rates, and possibly denied employment at certain places.

Hope it all works out..

Ken

Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #17

Well, I went to the DMV. I needed a replacement for the paper part of my permit. So, I ended up having to get the temp packet AGAIN...pay the 21 bucks and get my pic taken.

i take the driving part of the test the day before mayors court. so when I go in I'll have my motorcycle-only license.

The DMV believes I will be able to get out of the ticket because I did in fact have a valid temporary permit license (despite not having the paper part on hand at the moment).

Now I have to wonder if this officer is going to get in trouble for this. I hope not, this is a small town and I have to live in it.

I'll be very humble and hopefully the Mayor understands.

I think part of the issue could be that in the last few days there have been a lot of folks out on their bikes around here. Many of them speed through town.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #18

Just treat the officer like it was a misunderstanding. The judge will most likely drop the ticket if you can prove that you had everything in order.

Allen