Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2008, 02:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleary15
haha ok ill listen 2 u and a guy on a local forum did and it wont even turn over at all...its around 50 degrees out...idk anymore...im going crazy with this bike
Been there, done that .

Old 04-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to coleary15
should i just sell it and buy a new china bike with 2007 enginneering mayb being better? or should i buy a new carb...

my dealer has a bike that his son rides at his shop...should i give my carb to him and c if he can tune it to get it close to stock so i can go from there...im only 15 so im new to the engine tuning process...

Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #18

Carbs are cheap

Yo, carbs are cheap on E-Bay, Mikuni's for $25 to $50 .
I can guarnatee you won't be having carb issues once you get one of the Mikuni's on there . Yours is probably fine, just bent up from you messing with it , cleaning it , etc.
If that is the problem, the carb, then get another carb, but it may not even be the problem ?
You never said whether your getting good spark or not ?
Too much oil in the case could prevent it from going right too, did you check that too ?????
Take it to someone that knows bikes and have them look at it is my advice. I bet they could diagnose it in an hour or less . That might cost you a whole $80 , so you might consider it ?
Selling a bike because you can't get it running is not an option to me personally ? It is mechanical, a MAN or WOMAN built it, it can be fixed and it should run if everything is in order . Don't give up so easilly just becuase YOU cannot figure it out . Like you said, your only 15 . How much experience with bikes can you possibly have being that young ??? Not much . We were all like you at one time, but through knuckle busting headaches trying to figure out the MACHINES, we all got better at it eventually from learned lessons and advice. Whatever it is it is SIMPLE , but it is eluding you is all . Without me having the bike in front of me, I am helpless to help you .

Good luck, take it to a shop .

Cheers, keep your chin up, but don't sell it, fix it !!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to coleary15
i have a great spark and i do need 2 replace the oil...ill try that then tell u how it goes...