Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #16

Actually yoyvart kinda pricey and unclear
I can sort of make out where they are pulling the listings from but sure mark up s fair amount and then the shipping doesn’t seem correct on many things
Rather vague but if there’s nothing else that’s all you can work with I suppose

I check a few items that I sell and it’s more confusing then my eBay listings which I thought are pretty simple and similarly priced

Old 03-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Actually yoyvart kinda pricey and unclear
I can sort of make out where they are pulling the listings from but sure mark up s fair amount and then the shipping doesn’t seem correct on many things
Rather vague but if there’s nothing else that’s all you can work with I suppose

I check a few items that I sell and it’s more confusing then my eBay listings which I thought are pretty simple and similarly priced

The back fender and forks were at least two thirds less than RPS and TX after shipping(EMS shipping too). RPS and co. wanted like 170 just for one fork, and about 70 for the back fender, and then you couldn't even get a wheel there are people here still waiting for wheel orders..

I actually went ahead and got a wheel, forks, and back fender from there to save money(At the end barely more than what RPS and dealers charge for two forks alone, and that's a complete wheel pre-built).. You leave shipping weight at 200g cause they don't provide it, and within a couple days they contact you with an amount you need to add to your account balance for them to charge the remaining shipping.

I researched and supposedly if you use EMS instead of ChinaPost on the shipping options you get it in half the time for a little more.. I've only ever done light weight stuff through ChinaPost and it was usually weeks or less..

Now to see what happens with customs.. If it goes smooth I'm going to reccomend it because so far it's been far better than RPS and TX and Q9 both cost and service wise.. If this is like the Shenzhen scooter market they will stop making parts for 2016 RPS bikes any day now, so I'd rather get it over with..

Old 03-14-2019, 11:00 PM   #18

http://shipping.ems.com.cn/product/index

Here's the shipping info I use for me China post/EMS account.

EMS is a fair bit more as they charge by size/weight combo.

I hope the wheel you got is correct as I cannot ID the hub used on the Hawk - it looks like something common but unclear.
Also the USD forks and front wheel seems to be an odd ball style I haven't seen them yet but shipping is the most expensive parts of it all, parts are cheap but might be wrong so I haven't gone much further.

Be interesting to see the whole outcome as I even struggle to get clear info where I live in China, today I had 2 packages come back as they were too small and I need to send in a bigger envelope and pay again (Beijing checks the sizes and not my local post office) and I fear the plastic panels I sent and paid for will come back due to being too big - I just can't win!

Old 03-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #19

I sold a back fender 2 tank panels and a headlight outer panel recently - average $20 a panel plus hipping. Took like 3 weeks to get them from Hawk as online I couldn't get the right parts or unsure if it was right (I can easily buy 100 panels tho at around $4 a panel but............)

It gets very complex and the shipping was more expensive then I had thought if I have to send via EMS (about $60 for those 4 parts in 1 big box)

Maybe I am looking at it wrong etc

Old 03-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I sold a back fender 2 tank panels and a headlight outer panel recently - average $20 a panel plus hipping. Took like 3 weeks to get them from Hawk as online I couldn't get the right parts or unsure if it was right (I can easily buy 100 panels tho at around $4 a panel but............)

It gets very complex and the shipping was more expensive then I had thought if I have to send via EMS (about $60 for those 4 parts in 1 big box)

Maybe I am looking at it wrong etc

I saved close to $300.00 using yoycart after shipping, and that's with the most expensive shipping on every item; I live in NC so it's coming completely over one of two continents.... I don't know what custom is going to be like though..

Around 2004 I ordered OEM mirrors for a super obscure touring 150cc GY6 scooter brand directly from Shenzhen and never had to deal with customs, so something must have changed if reports are true and you have to interact with US customs.. I've had hundreds of <1kg ChinaPost packages come since and never a peep from customs either..

Additionally: from actual quotes I've gotten from TX that I've posted you should be able to dress a RPS bike entirely in Honda OEM, Renthal, and Tusk hardware and still come out cheaper.. You just have to find hubs and forks; All controls and the coil on my Magician are from Honda XL and XR bikes..

I could of got like-new complete forks and wheel off a 2013 CR 250 the other day for $250.00, so once Jap parts are matched it's game-over for the RPS racket..