Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #16

X2. I used the last of the maxima semi-synth I got from CSC and I'm looking forward to my spring oil change to full synthetic.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 01-30-2016, 06:46 PM   #17

a little gas

i just did 1st oil change 250 miles oil was pretty clean, when i dropped the filter in drain pan could see the metal coming out of it. there was a little gas smell i just figure that's the whole reason for changing the oil. worked on trucks for about 25 years it's common for them to "MAKE OIL" fuel gets in to crankcase that's why we change the oil. going to be mid 40s tomorrow taking a long zong. rode the sled once this winter wish spud could send me some snow thank you all this forum is very helpful

Old 01-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #18

So long as it stops getting fuel in the oil after break in. The sample I sent had significantly degraded viscosity after 500 miles. I'd rather not need to drain oil every 500 miles to prevent excess engine wear. I'm going to sample again in 500 and see how it looks. If it still has fuel in the oil I'll probably start being concerned. Gerry said its still breaking in and not to worry for now.