Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2015, 01:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I haven't forgotten. I've run into some challenges because it was not properly set up. I'm working with Eastwood on obtaining some new parts, and then I'll report on it.
Thank you, Weld. I truly appreciate your efforts.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #17

Sounds great in video with baffle inserted RT.
Curious to know if your are getting any backfiring or popping on deceleration. Also, when accelerating normally through the gears...do you feel any flat spots or hesitation indicatiing a lean fuel condition? I like this mod, but not sure if a closed loop fuel injection system will self adjust enough for a free flowing exhaust like yours.
Thanks for any feedback, good or bad.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArExThree View Post
Sounds great in video with baffle inserted RT.
Curious to know if your are getting any backfiring or popping on deceleration. Also, when accelerating normally through the gears...do you feel any flat spots or hesitation indicatiing a lean fuel condition? I like this mod, but not sure if a closed loop fuel injection system will self adjust enough for a free flowing exhaust like yours.
Thanks for any feedback, good or bad.
Thanks ArExThree! I have to admit that I like it with the baffle and without, but will likely runthe bike without the baffle. Here's a quick video I made today with the Akrapovic and no baffle. No backfire, smooth power across the power band. Note that I have the 42T rear sprocket installed (vs. the stock 44T rear sprocket),but the bike is still very lively.

[youtube]de3EzlOrF5s[/youtube]

I'll run the bike a bit more over the weekend (a good solid mix of freeway and city street) and will pull the spark plug to check color of the insulator.

In terms of sheer power...not sure I can feel a difference. I think the bike is breathing a little easier, but then again, I don't think the stock muffler is too restrictive to begin with. But we'll see how the bike does on the freeway and top speed as I think that's where I might see some difference.

@Weld, @Spud: You guys are bad influences! I'm now thinking about adding an Eastwood welder to my garage! I'm telling my wife it was both of your idea!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Thanks ArExThree! I have to admit that I like it with the baffle and without, but will likely runthe bike without the baffle. Here's a quick video I made today with the Akrapovic and no baffle. No backfire, smooth power across the power band. Note that I have the 42T rear sprocket installed (vs. the stock 44T rear sprocket),but the bike is still very lively.

[youtube]de3EzlOrF5s[/youtube]

I'll run the bike a bit more over the weekend (a good solid mix of freeway and city street) and will pull the spark plug to check color of the insulator.

In terms of sheer power...not sure I can feel a difference. I think the bike is breathing a little easier, but then again, I don't think the stock muffler is too restrictive to begin with. But we'll see how the bike does on the freeway and top speed as I think that's where I might see some difference.

@Weld, @Spud: You guys are bad influences! I'm now thinking about adding an Eastwood welder to my garage! I'm telling my wife it was both of your idea!
Get you some Red Line buddy! LOL

Old 11-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
I'll disavow any knowledge! Besides, I think it was all Spud.

Man, nine grand comes in a hurry on that bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2015, 11:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Man, nine grand comes in a hurry on that bike.
Oh yes, they happily rev up. Keep in mind that he's geared a bit taller than stock, and by his own admission has considerable heft.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:38 PM   #22

Well...heft, yes. Considerable.... Ok, guilty as charged.

9K does come up quick. Plus the motor just wants to pull. Power peaks right at redline and dang if the bike doesn't love to stay in the 7-9K rpm range.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:46 PM   #23

Your muffler sounds good, RT. Thanks for posting the video.

Incidentally, we don't have palm trees in Idaho. However, if we did have such trees, they would all be frozen right now.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-17-2015, 11:49 PM   #24

Quote:
I'll disavow any knowledge! Besides, I think it was all Spud.

Don't blame me. Everyone knows you are the instigator.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-18-2015, 01:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Don't blame me. Everyone knows you are the instigator.

No, I'm an enabler. Different.

Sorta.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #26

You are a superb enabler. In fact, you are an enabler nonpariel, par excellance.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #27

You're both too modest. You're BOTH enablers!

Proof:

- Evangelizing the merits of a Chinese made motorcycle (in this case, the Zongshen / CSC RX3 Cyclone)
- Providing superlative knowledge, support and a common meeting place (this forum) for sharing those thoughts
- Sharing knowledge and experience around products that you use and recommend (motorcycles, accessories... and... welders.

Thanks guys!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #28

Thank you, RT. We really enjoy hanging around this 'shop,' and sharing fellowship with all the great people who gravitate to these forums.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-19-2015, 01:16 AM   #29

Thanks RT! You're a gentleman.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:38 AM   #30

disconnect the battery for awhile and ecu will reset for new exhaust! did this on my cbr250 with akro install.