Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #16

You can also spray some brake cleaner or carb cleaner onto a cloth and rub it on the QLink letters. It sort of removes the shine from the vinyl, but it's not bad.

Your bike looks awesome!

I have a tail that I think is for a Q, and it has an LED tail light. Interested?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #17

Okay so I've done a few things since my last post
First of all I put togethar my fender eliminator. It took me a good days work to get it where I like it and mount the LED tail light I got off ebay for $11. I just made it out of a chunk of sheet metal.

Also thanks for giving me ideas on removing the Qlink on the seat, turned out great.

Next, and this is the exciting part, I got my FMF turbine core II
After a few minutes cutting and sizing it turned out perfect, its loud as hell D

Now it ran perfect and it's awesome and everything with the exhuast and the Jets HOWEVER. This morning I moved the needle clip to the 4th position down and my problem arised. It starts and idles great, but when I first rev it in any gear it chokes, once I get past the choke point it flys like hell with a noticeable power gain. How can I fix this? Does it need more air/running too rich? or should I just move the needle clip back into the 3rd position from the top where it was??? I'm thinking a K&N airfilter to replace the airbox?

Here's picks of it looks like:
[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t257/ostap34/0405141241_zpse79a1fe7.jpg[/I
MG]

Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #18

Great bike. I miss my Q's. sounds lean.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #19

Did you do all of your mods at the same time? It's better to do them one at a time and check performance. I used to have the same bike as yours. There was a noticeable gain in performance with the new pipe and stock jetting. Try putting the clip back and check your performance. Eliminating the air box is not easy on these bikes because of the type of carb. It is a CV and is supported on each side by the box and the head. Removing the box will require you to support the carb with some sort of bracket. Sprocket changes were mentioned. It comes with a 15/48. I changed to a 16/44 and was happy with it. Again, one step at a time. Change the front to a 15 (cheapest and easiest) and see how you like it. I like the eliminator you did. I did something similar but with the stock tail light as it was an LED already.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 04-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #20

That is a stunning bike!

Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
Did you do all of your mods at the same time? It's better to do them one at a time and check performance. I used to have the same bike as yours. There was a noticeable gain in performance with the new pipe and stock jetting. Try putting the clip back and check your performance. Eliminating the air box is not easy on these bikes because of the type of carb. It is a CV and is supported on each side by the box and the head. Removing the box will require you to support the carb with some sort of bracket. Sprocket changes were mentioned. It comes with a 15/48. I changed to a 16/44 and was happy with it. Again, one step at a time. Change the front to a 15 (cheapest and easiest) and see how you like it. I like the eliminator you did. I did something similar but with the stock tail light as it was an LED already.
No I did my mods one by one, nothing at the same time. I moved the needle clip back to 3rd position from top and it's back to normal so I guess I won't play with it any more. Yea I agree the bike has more of a punch with the pipe and jets, especially when I get her into 6k rpms and then just gun it, plenty of power. I read that removing the airbox doesn't do anything so not touching that. The bike runs right where I want it, I guess the only thing left is the gearing.
Will changing the front to a 15 give me more power or top end? And where can I order one?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #22

I love my FMF Universal Spark Arrestor; it looks great on your XF200. After a few thousand miles you will need to repack the silencer, since it will quickly blow out the 2-stroke packing. Here's a link to my thread detailing how to repack your silencer with 4-stroke packing, which will last much longer.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7514

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbracing View Post
That is a stunning bike!
thanks haha. It's my first *street legal* bike after playing with little 50cc dirt bike and pocket bikes for 4 years.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I love my FMF Universal Spark Arrestor; it looks great on your XF200. After a few thousand miles you will need to repack the silencer, since it will quickly blow out the 2-stroke packing. Here's a link to my thread detailing how to repack your silencer with 4-stroke packing, which will last much longer.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7514
Thanks spud, I'll book it and reference it for later when the time comes

Old 04-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostap34 View Post
No I did my mods one by one, nothing at the same time. I moved the needle clip back to 3rd position from top and it's back to normal so I guess I won't play with it any more. Yea I agree the bike has more of a punch with the pipe and jets, especially when I get her into 6k rpms and then just gun it, plenty of power. I read that removing the airbox doesn't do anything so not touching that. The bike runs right where I want it, I guess the only thing left is the gearing.
Will changing the front to a 15 give me more power or top end? And where can I order one?
The bike should have a 15/48 combo if it's stock. The is dual sport gearing. Changing front to 16 is cheaper and easier than the rear and will give you a higher top speed. You will sacrifice some power but your first gear will be usable. Do a search for sprocket posted by JTCandrew. There are others here but his name popped into my head. You'll get a bunch of posts from him and others showing the different sprockets and where to get them.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #26

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Congratulations on getting one of the best CB's available (such as availability is nowadays). Brother Weld has given you great advise on all counts.

By the way, Q Link is apparently leaving the US and selling off inventory. I have Andy (a former Q dealer) looking into scoring a few at closeout prices ;-)
Doc, my dealer here in Sac is carrying the exact same Qlink bikes now badged as "SSR". If that's already posted here somewhere....my apologies.
The OP's bike looks amazing. Love the black.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350