Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #16

Awesome! Those are great machines. Pop over to the new Eagle Landing Walmart and pick up some Krylon Fusion Red Pepper spray paint; it might as well be called Honda Red.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Awesome! Those are great machines. Pop over to the new Eagle Landing Walmart and pick up some Krylon Fusion Red Pepper spray paint; it might as well be called Honda Red.
Thank you for the tip, I will have to grab a can of that to cover up the yellow patch job the PO did. I am going to try and sand it as smooth as possible first, I don't even know what he used. It appears that he used the self adhesive mesh drywall tape underneath the top coat :?:

Anyways here are some progress pics of trying to get it back together, I had to take a dremel to the front/rear fenders to get rid of all the broken pieces, it looks mean but won't do anything to keep the rocks/mud off of me. Unfortuneatly the plastics for this machine are obsolete so I will have to come up with a DIY solution.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #18

These aren't the shape of the originals, but they could still pass as presentable once they're painted: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer