Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2015, 01:49 AM   #16

midlifemx5 do you know who the hawks manufacturer is? I believe the vin # would show it. John

Old 03-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #17

Called the fine folks at Killer Motorsports today and was told that they are out-of-stock for all their 200-250cc enduros (the Roketa and RPS Hawk). Gentlemen said he called all his warehouses and they are empty for those models.

He was frankly quite surprised too. Said he doesn't know why all of a sudden, but he must of sold 200 of them in the last few months. And that he probably wouldn't be getting them in for at least 5+ weeks.

I'm thinking it due to Springtime... riding season... and hard to beat prices.

P.S. There are 6 of them on ebay for sale (search 250 enduro)... but at $1799 shipped.

Cheers!

Old 03-27-2015, 05:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
midlifemx5 do you know who the hawks manufacturer is? I believe the vin # would show it. John
Chongqing Haosen manufacturing company

Old 03-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #19

Thanks. Probably won't do me much good if now killer is out! And I could have ordered while they still had some. Found a few others but I am looking at a 21" front wheel and really want one with a taller seat. Oh well.....

Old 03-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
Thanks. Probably won't do me much good if now killer is out! And I could have ordered while they still had some. Found a few others but I am looking at a 21" front wheel and really want one with a taller seat. Oh well.....
The seat height listed on the website is not close to accurate. I and my wife are both 5'9" I have a 30" inseam and she has a 36" inseam we both really have to tip toe at a stop light. I have not measured it but I would guess the seat height to be in the 33-36" area I will measure and post later.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #21

I had a chance to ride a bit more this weekend. Not a lot, but a little, I changed the oil in both bikes and removed the exhaust inner spark arrestor. Sounds much better and not obtrusively loud at all. I have ordered less restrictive air filters and we will see how they do with those installed. I live at 5800' above sea level so I may be able to run them without re-jetting. I will try it, and report. The bikes seem to run better every time I ride them. maybe the motors are breaking in a bit. I couldn't be more pleased so far. They are equipped with a 50 tooth rear sprocket. I will wait until I can really open them up at higher RPM before I decide to go to a 45 tooth. I believe I will end up changing it, but no need to rush, before I decide if it's necessary, based on the way we plan on riding them. Stay tuned!

Old 03-30-2015, 10:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifemx5 View Post
The seat height listed on the website is not close to accurate. I and my wife are both 5'9" I have a 30" inseam and she has a 36" inseam we both really have to tip toe at a stop light. I have not measured it but I would guess the seat height to be in the 33-36" area I will measure and post later.
Seat height is 35.5"

Old 03-31-2015, 01:27 PM   #23

Has anyone confirmed the rear sprocket bolt pattern for the Hawk 250 yet? I'm curious if they are of the more readily available ones.

Cheers!

Old 04-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
Has anyone confirmed the rear sprocket bolt pattern for the Hawk 250 yet? I'm curious if they are of the more readily available ones.

Cheers!
I checked and it is the same as the honda XL 185 that is so common on the Chinese bikes

Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #25

Quote:
I checked and it is the same as the honda 185 that is so common on the Chinese bikes
Part number for a JT sprocket is JT269.45 for a 45 tooth

Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #26

Quote:
I checked and it is the same as the honda XL 185 that is so common on the Chinese bikes
Awesome! Now all it needs is a usable rear rack to be perfect for me!

Cheers!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
Awesome! Now all it needs is a usable rear rack to be perfect for me!

Cheers!
There is a flat area about 11"x8" (maybe slightly larger) that has protective rubber strips and side bars that you can secure objects to. it is located behind the seat on the rear fender. It is pretty usable. I'm sure the rubber strips could be removed and a rack made, that could use those mounting points, pretty easily.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #28

Quote:
There is a flat area about 11"x8" (maybe slightly larger) that has protective rubber strips and side bars that you can secure objects to. it is located behind the seat on the rear fender. It is pretty usable. I'm sure the rubber strips could be removed and a rack made, that could use those mounting points, pretty easily.
I will take photo and post later.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #29

Nice. I finally found a pick of this flat tray space you speak of. That doesn't look that bad. And with the rear handles on either side... should be easy to secure some stuff there. I usually have a laptop bag to commute with.

Man... I'm sold on this Hawk 250. Just gotta wait for KM to get more in. Gonna be chomping at the bit like all the RX3 guys!

Cheers!

Old 04-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #30

Quote:
I will take photo and post later.
Here is a picture with and without the rubber strips so you can see how easy it would be to mount a rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0230.JPG (27.3 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0231.JPG (27.4 KB, 616 views)