Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCKSR
Yes I did the 67mm piston.

ZStar Enterprises Inc is in Richmond on a little side road behind the Home Depot on Bridgeport Road.

They import Shineray ATV's under their own name. My ZSTAR 250C is really a Shineray STIXE 9E.

I had to reweld one of the motor mounts this morning I guess I broke when it rolled over and put a weld to strengthen where the handle bars had been bent.
But it sounds good and went for another rip to test it and I am sure it has more get up and go than a month ago.
67 mm is stock bore ??? you did not over size right. is your motor cb 250 or cg 250???
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #17

If I am correct it is a CG250 and they are a 67mm wide piston. I measured the old one a few times and dry tested the new piston before putting in the rings.

I just wish I could find out what model of Honda motor this was knocked off from cause maybe I could get better quality parts in the future if I knew that.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #18

CG125 is likely the base bottom end, but I'm not sure about the cylinder and piston. My guess is that's a custom casting by our Chinese friends. Perhaps an overbore CRF230 piston would fit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #19

she is running like a dream. Way more torque, way more HP, can get up and go again like it is suppose too.

A cheap way to bring new life into a china atv, piston, rings and a couple gaskets then some elbow grease.

Anyone able to find a china ATV that still runs but lacking HP/ torque this is your answer if you are good with a wrench. Pick up a $200-$400 ATV, a few parts and have a good ATV again cheap.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #20

Took it for a long hard ride at Tamahi in Chilliwack today and it preformed like a champ.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #21

Do you find that the starter struggles to start your 230? Son of Weldangrind has a CG230 in his XR200R, and the compression seems really kick at the kicker (we haven't enabled electric start yet). Being that it's not OHC, there's no way to add a conventional compression release.

Got any pics from your Tamahi ride?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Weld..

I will try all that tonight.

I knew to avoid Sinclairs even though the Zatar importer in Richmond keeps telling me to go there. I keep telling them to get a new retailer as Sinclair's sucks.
YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY,,THESE STATMENTS ARE LIBAL AND SLANDER OUR LAWYER IS WATCHING THIS AND INVESTIGATING
Sinclair Motorsports Voted #1 Dealer In Western Canada 11 Yeers In a Row!! Thanks again

Old 02-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammySinclair
Quote:
Thanks for the advice Weld..

I will try all that tonight.

I knew to avoid Sinclairs even though the Zatar importer in Richmond keeps telling me to go there. I keep telling them to get a new retailer as Sinclair's sucks.
YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY,,THESE STATMENTS ARE LIBAL AND SLANDER OUR LAWYER IS WATCHING THIS AND INVESTIGATING
No, those statements are not slander. Every forum member is allowed to express his opinion regarding any vendor. :roll:
Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #24

Accusations with little to no proof about my company will not be tolerated,this is slanderous and will not be accepted at any level......got it.
Sinclair Motorsports Voted #1 Dealer In Western Canada 11 Yeers In a Row!! Thanks again

Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #25

Okay I will respond with this.

I WILL NEVER GO TO SINCLAIR'S AGAIN, you lost my business.

Everyone else can make their own decision from here on out and I will never say another thing again.

BUT DO NOT THREATEN LEGAL ACTION WHEN I CAN LEGALLY SAY WHAT I DID. It was NOT slangerous, just my experience. Your defensiveness and and overboard threats are going to say way more than I ever did.

Threaten again and again but it will just look bad for you.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #26

My lawyer Thomas Harding will be investigating this and tracking ALL the posters ip's with slanderous comments posted about us or our buisness.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy
Accusations with little to no proof about my company will not be tolerated,this is slanderous and will not be accepted at any level......got it.
Our forum members are free to relate their experiences with any company.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #28

Quote:

Everyone else can make their own decision from here on out and I will never say another thing again.

BUT DO NOT THREATEN LEGAL ACTION WHEN I CAN LEGALLY SAY WHAT I DID. It was NOT slangerous, just my experience. Your defensiveness and and overboard threats are going to say way more than I ever did.

You see,this is what I'm talking about,this negative attitude,I would have liked to resolve this in a civil & private manner,but since you insist on caveman ethics,I say to hell with you,we don't want your business nor do we need it.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammySinclair
My lawyer Thomas Harding will be investigating this and tracking ALL the posters ip's with slanderous comments posted about us or our buisness.
Threats against our forum members are not tolerated. If you disagree with someone, please reply in a polite manner, or you will risk being banned from these forums.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy
Quote:

You see,this is what I'm talking about,this negative attitude,I would have liked to resolve this in a civil & private manner,but since you insist on caveman ethics,I say to hell with you,we don't want your business nor do we need it.
If you wish to reply in a civil and private manner, please do so. Otherwise, you risk being banned from these forums.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Closed Thread