Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #16

I dunno if you're still having troubles with the rear brake, but here's what I'd recommend. Get someone to help you out. Even though it's not strictly necessary, it makes things about 165,000 times better.

First, with the brake hose attached to the caliper but not the reservoir, open the bleeder screw. I like to put a couple feet of clear tubing over the end of the bleeder as it makes things easier later. Next, pour brake fluid into the top (reservoir end) of the hose, holding both the hose and the end of the tubing up. Once the fluid is coming out of the bottom and filling the clear tubing, you know your line and caliper are full. Now that your brake line is full, attach it to the reservoir and top off the reservoir. If you play with the tubing you have attached to the caliper, gravity should enable you to push fluid back from the caliper and hose into the reservoir from the tubing. Have your friend close the bleeder screw when there's just a little fluid left in the tubing (so you don't introduce any air from that side) and top of the reservoir. You should have solid brakes with no need to bleed them since the air should all have been replaced by brake fluid.

Current: CSC TT250