Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #16

I'm glad you and your bike are okay, Zapkin.

I took a little spill myself on Sunday.

I hit a parking lot I'd never seen before whilst carrying a little too much speed, thinking I'd scrub the speed in the empty lot. And then I discovered why the lot was empty...nothing but muddy, waterfilled holes. I missed a few and scrubbed a little speed....and the first hole wasn't deep enough to be a problem, but the second one was deep enough to grab the front tire and she bucked me off for a nice little roll.

Just a few scratches on the bike and a bruised ego for me....but damn was I unhappy with myself.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 05-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #17

I liked flying over the handlebars when I failed to spot a rock in the tall weeds...But I was young then and never felt a thing....I would be in traction nowadays

Old 05-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #18

once when I was living in tupelo, i was about 15 i was riding 2 up on the back of my buddies kawi 125 and we were on some trails...a dude on a little suzuki 80 appeared out of nowhere. we tboned him, dont know how we kept from breaking his leg. bent the kawi forks back and both of us went flying. I woke up, helmet was laying to the side (must have been loose or not fastened) and the kid on the 80 was jumping around cussing cause I think we busted the side of his motor. Had a horrible headache. Friend bought a used front end for his bike and we were back on the trails in a couple of weeks. By then, my folks had purchased me a used kawasaki enduro 100. had a blast. in those days you could ride on the hiking trails around tupelo and nobody would bother you because nobody used them. the trails were part of the natchez trace parkway. lots of fun in back then. 1985.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #19

Glad you survived both incidents Mr. Zap.

Last week-- Cruised the bar strip on Gt750-- Feelingood, bike running uhm, twikity-doo(?) See attractive females (Am I allowed to say hot chicks?) in front of bar. Think to myself-- I will share to 2 stroke riding experience with one lucky person today! Yay me! Rip a u-ball, forget that GT750 is not an Rd350, in that the Gt has a centre stand with a stupidly long lever sticking out the side. Bang! Splat! Tumble! Well developed females pointing and laughing. Somewhat ashamed Mr. Drake goes home and takes centre stand off Gt 750, and kicks the shifter back straight. Goes for test drive, found to be much improved. Parks bike in the shed, and goes to employ no longer existing centre stand, and promptly drops hot Gt750 on top of himself. Pinning himself between aforementioned 750 and Honda 900. 3 year old son pointing and laughing, "Daddy fall down! Daddy stupid!!!"

No good ever came from showboating!

--Vince the invince-able