Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Tight valves will cause the problems you are experiencing, and they don't make any noise. Only loose valves make noise. If you want to check the MAP/MAT sensor, you will need to remove the fuel tank, so you really should check the valve lash while you are in there.
Checked the MAP/MAT sensor today. It looked clean and free of oil and contamination. Since I was in there I took another look at the valve clearances and they seem to be exactly where I set them a few weeks back.

So.... Today as I was poking around I took a look at the starter/kill switch housing on the handle bar. It was definitely loose. I was able rock it back and forth on the bar about 1/4 to 1/2 inch either way. So I tightened that bad boy up to where it wont move any more.. Then I noticed the front brake line housing tube was loose as well. it rocked from side to side pretty easily. The screw holding it to the back of the starter switch housing was screwed all the way in but the base of the tube where the screw goes in was at an angle preventing it from being flush with the housing. I backed the screw out and straightened up the brake line tube and screwed it back together tight. I am wondering if the loose kill switch housing was causing my bike to die? I don't really know.. I'll have to ride around for another week or so and see if there are any differences.

I am going to take a look at the ignition tomorrow and see if there is any corrosion or loose wires that may be causing a short like some of you have stated may be the issue.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:41 AM   #17

Here are some more ideas. Check electrical connections to the MAP/MAT sensor, idle stepper motor, throttle position sensor, and emissions canister purge valve. Verify the emissions canister purge valve is functioning correctly. Check both of the purge valve hoses for leaks. Check the intake manifold and throttle body for air leaks.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894