That engine can be bored out,

57x53

270cc

21hp

Thats the engine they use on the reagal raptor/johnny pag bikes

these are all being manufactured by xinling
out of WUXI city.

http://www.tycentre.com/products/gpo...s/gpb300ab.htm

here a single unit khaos the specs are wrong that bike only has 18hp and the engine is only 249cc it not bored out and not water cooled.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...reet_Bike.html

Same people attempting to sell the water cooled version of a Tank Cruiser
that also has that same engine but water cooled and not bored out, asking a laughable $4,500.00 for it.

Its all off the shelve stuff, much of it, notice the gauges are almost alway the same types. There is not one manufacturere, not two or three there may be many making that same bike. The same engine the same components, the quality is about who assembled the bike, who machined the part....were they feed up and tired that day?

Actually did a QC person with a micrometer come by and check the part. did they come by and sample torque on the nut? Some do that and some do not. One is shoddy one is not, its related to the operation.

Then its also a matter of were did the raw steel come from, not all steel is the same.

Two exactly the same designs ones is a Honda one is not which is better and whY?

I think I am going to save my money and spend my energy searching for garage trophies.

the CB500 was one of Hondas biggest all time sellers.

Honda dealers sold more than a quarter-million CB350s over the model's five-year run — 67,180 of those in 1972 alone.

Maybe I am alone on this but that is actually the perfect commuter bike.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #17

Ever heard the expression asleep at the switch? That’s the Chinese motorcycle industry as whole.

If anything a retro line would sell in the USA, but not if it is not quality manufactured and marketed, distributed and supported. It would be an excercise in futility.

I think copy that 350 engine….but they have to copy it to the exact specifications, but then the exhaust gets restricted and fuel flow restrained… the result is less hp and that is the EPA, they want to restrict the emissions of hydrocarbons. Thats just a matter of the fuel rate and the exhaust being caught with a catalytic device, it traps them.

It would not come with the 1972 36hp rating out of the crate. But we all know that opening up the exhaust and then re-jetting the carburetor changes that.

But the precision the Japanese mastered, the methods they used in production are not being copied by the Chinese.

A tolerance is a measurement, it can be an acceptable level of variation, the Japanese may say with 1/8 or even 1/72 the Chinese may not even be checking. Some may be 1/8 or 1/4…..they are not often doing quality control, the expression is slapped together.

Who makes it what is their reputation?