Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #16

Sure. I'm also a Christian Jew. Talk about a minority. Our maximum population is forcast to be 144,000 worldwide. Again, I won't be here for that.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #17

Unfortunately terrorism is going to be a problem as long as we have religious nut cases. People who believe in absurdities can be made to commit atrocities.

Fortunately for me I haven't needed to fly commercially for more than 10 years. Even then I didn't like being crammed into a sardine can with a bunch of other people. The only time I fly now is when I fly my ultralight, wide open, all by myself.

Q

Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
Unfortunately terrorism is going to be a problem as long as we have religious nut cases. People who believe in absurdities can be made to commit atrocities.

Fortunately for me I haven't needed to fly commercially for more than 10 years. Even then I didn't like being crammed into a sardine can with a bunch of other people. The only time I fly now is when I fly my ultralight, wide open, all by myself.

Q
WE MUST TALK AIRPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me when you get a chance. Maybe next time I fly through Bend you can show me your ultralight. One place or two? :P

Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #19

I often wonder why someone will do a vicious terrorist attack in the name of thier GOD instead of trusting that thier GOD can take care of matters himself.

I mean if they believe their GOD is all that powerful why in the world would GOD need a mere mortal to do anything for him.

I think some of it has to do simply with people wanting/needing to feel important others may do it just because they hate so deeply they cant see straight others still are just insane/crazy and do it for the thrill.
Then there are the ones clearly brainwashed into it and have been seriously mislead and used.

No matter big brother will continue to increase surveillance on ALL of us thinking they are "ALL POWERFUL" .

Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #20

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck." --Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

It's impossible to reason with people of faith. All we can do is try to stop them from killing us.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
I often wonder why someone will do a vicious terrorist attack in the name of thier GOD instead of trusting that thier GOD can take care of matters himself.

I mean if they believe their GOD is all that powerful why in the world would GOD need a mere mortal to do anything for him.

I think some of it has to do simply with people wanting/needing to feel important others may do it just because they hate so deeply they cant see straight others still are just insane/crazy and do it for the thrill.
Then there are the ones clearly brainwashed into it and have been seriously mislead and used.

No matter big brother will continue to increase surveillance on ALL of us thinking they are "ALL POWERFUL" .

Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #21

IF A MAN HAS FAITH IN GOD AND BELIEVES HIS WORD YOU DONT HAVE TO FEAR THAT PERSON KILLING YOU BECAUSE THE WORD OF GOD SAYS THAT VENGANCE IS HIS. IT IS WHEN MEN HAVE BLIND FAITH IN THE WORDS OF ANOTHER MAN THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

JOHN 3:16 SAYS THAT GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHO EVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL NOT PARISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.

IF GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR EVERONE'S SINS. THAN IT WOULD BE CRAZY TO THINK HE WOULD WANT US HURTING EACH OTHER.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
IF A MAN HAS FAITH IN GOD AND BELIEVES HIS WORD YOU DONT HAVE TO FEAR THAT PERSON KILLING YOU BECAUSE THE WORD OF GOD SAYS THAT VENGANCE IS HIS. IT IS WHEN MEN HAVE BLIND FAITH IN THE WORDS OF ANOTHER MAN THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

JOHN 3:16 SAYS THAT GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHO EVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL NOT PARISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.

IF GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR EVERONE'S SINS. THAN IT WOULD BE CRAZY TO THINK HE WOULD WANT US HURTING EACH OTHER.
Thank you very much, Davidson. I agree with you completely. Your summary is accurate, beautiful, and concise.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #23

I'd like to point out that the muslims who pulled off 911 were acting out of faith in god.

I'd also like to point out that Hitler was a devout catholic who had faith that god was with him.

There are many many examples of people of faith committing atrocities. I'm 100% with Thomas Jefferson on this issue.

Q

Old 01-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
I'd like to point out that the muslims who pulled off 911 were acting out of faith in god.

I'd also like to point out that Hitler was a devout catholic who had faith that god was with him.

There are many many examples of people of faith committing atrocities. I'm 100% with Thomas Jefferson on this issue.

Q
I'm unlocking this thread. It was locked by the moderation staff for fear it was starting/going to get out of hand. We have a long history of intelligent conversation and lack of censorship on chinariders.net and I want it to continue. You can disagree without being rude/insulting.

Q, you are being rude. You're not a man of faith, no problem - we all have a choice, but condemning _all_ that believe in a higher power as 'terrorists in waiting' (paraphrasing ) is out of line. Stalin was an atheist and he killed more people than Hitler.

I believe in Jesus but strangely I can't find my bomb vest.

I believe we were discussing body scanners at the airport?

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #25

If pointing out facts is being rude than I apologize and will refrain from pointing out facts in the future.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q

Q
I'm unlocking this thread. It was locked by the moderation staff for fear it was starting/going to get out of hand. We have a long history of intelligent conversation and lack of censorship on chinariders.net and I want it to continue. You can disagree without being rude/insulting.

Q, you are being rude. You're not a man of faith, no problem - we all have a choice, but condemning _all_ that believe in a higher power as 'terrorists in waiting' (paraphrasing ) is out of line. Stalin was an atheist and he killed more people than Hitler.

I believe in Jesus but strangely I can't find my bomb vest.

I believe we were discussing body scanners at the airport?

Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #26

"big brother" or 'big bother" both are the same to me I guess.

They are already far to deep into everyones business but cant stop all the attacks.
All the camera's all over the place and more coming every day and they seem to mess with the wrong people more than anything.
With all the monitoring they do they still wont be able to stop all the attacks and more will happen.

I still think the "panty bomber" got on that plane with the help of a greased palm and if thats all it takes then we are doomed to have repeat bombers.

Sometimes I just sit back and wonder who/what is really driving all this hatred and to what end.

Our human nature is fouled up, if we all worked together on this planet there would be enough of everything for everyone but instead we waste untold amounts of resources on weapons for wars.
The even worse waste is the human loss from wars.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #27

As far as the cameras go I actually like them, A lot of crimes get solved because of them. In PHX they had a guy doing 100+ while hanging out of his sunroof acting like a fool. They got shots of a radar cam and are currently prosecuting him. Had htye not been there, And had he kept doing the stupid thing he was doing, He would have killed another person eventually. I know when I go in public I have no privacy in that surrounding, That's why it's called public. If they stick a camera in my home, Not only will they be bored to tears but I will be pizzed

Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #28

Not sure if I should post this, this thread was nice and quietly dead, but I think maybe this video I found might sort of be the kind of thing that Q was trying to make a point of. It might not, I can't speak for him, but I watched the video and it reminded me of how this topic went sideways and I thought the guy in the video worded things pretty well...

Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #29

Well I had stayed out of this, but I think many people could cite atrocities done to other human beings in the name of religion, from many different factions of religion. The poster makes reference to the crusades and suicide bombings etc. Throughout most of the 'human existence' I'd expect many of the large scale conflicts and genocides were conducted under 'faith.' Whether they were followers of the main stream religions, or some other individual or powerful group forcing their own views upon others.

On the other side, there will be also MANY good things done in the world in the names of these same religions. I'd imagine it is 100x1 good to bad throughout the world's faiths.

The real shame in all of this is that power hungry men use religion as a tool to brainwash the poor or uneducated into believing their "God" is okay with them murdering others in the name of said God. How do you stop this? I don't know. You would never be able to force people to stop believing in their chosen God, nor do I think the world would be a better place for doing so.

As for the scanners and camera's..I say why not? As long as it's not in my home I don't have an issue with it. While we're out in public we could have others watching us in the form of 'people watching' and not really know. What is the difference if you're being watched by someone on camera? Ultimately it's there to keep us safe, and be a deterrent to the bozo criminals out to harm us. I feel much better knowing everyone was scanned to the best of our abilities before stepping on a plane too. It's frightening enough thinking a bolt could loosen in that chinese made jet engine and flow through the rotors, taking it out, and me with it, in one terrifying long minute waiting for the plane to hit the ground!

P.S. Sorry if there are errors in my post, I normally try to proof read but feeling tired and lazy tonight.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 AM   #30

Very well worded response