Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #16

check your air box too, varmints like to build nests in there during winter.

this was in my klr air box this spring.....

Old 05-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
One battle down, one to go.

When you say it won't rev up, does that mean it dies as soon as you open the throttle, or does it ignore you as if the cable is broken?
The bike starts first or second kick like normal every time but idles kinda ruff. When I give it some throttle it tries to rev up but just coughs and spits and sometimes back fires and sometimes quits. A few times it will rev high but you really got to play with the throttle to get it there and then it will hang there for a bit and then go back to idle. Do you think it would have any thing to do with the timing? Thanks guy's for all your suggestions, keep them coming.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #18

Do you have an air leak in the intake? Possibly one of the gaskets is bad?

Old 05-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
Do you have an air leak in the intake? Possibly one of the gaskets is bad?
I thought that too when it wouldn't go back to idle after getting it to rev high. I sprayed all around the intake gasket with carb cleaner when bike was running and there was no difference in rpm. Maybe I should just get a new gasket and carb for what their worth.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #20

It wouldn't hurt to have another carb for troubleshooting; they're cheap enough.

It sounds like a fuel problem. I doubt that it's a timing issue, since it ran when you parked it for the winter. A new CDI is also a good idea for troubleshooting.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #21

I think its a carb/fuel problem too. A spare CDI will not hurt. Do you have another bike with a similar CDI on it that you can try?

Old 05-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
I think its a carb/fuel problem too. A spare CDI will not hurt. Do you have another bike with a similar CDI on it that you can try?
Thanks guy's. I tried the cdi off his brothers bike, a gio 250 exact same cdi and it made no difference. Getting another carb to try and will let you's know in a week or two.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250laker View Post
Thanks guy's. I tried the cdi off his brothers bike, a gio 250 exact same cdi and it made no difference. Getting another carb to try and will let you's know in a week or two.
Well I got a new carb today, exactly the same as the old one, kf pz27 and it still runs the same. Starts right up 1st or 2nd kick. It will idle but it is not a smooth idle. It will only rev up if you really play with the throttle. Anymore new suggestions? Thanks.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #24

I'm starting to wonder if the magnetic pickup is out of position. Have you removed the stator cover for a look?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the magnetic pickup is out of position. Have you removed the stator cover for a look?
Took cover off everything looks okay, going to take stator off and have a look. Also, can anyone tell me what the valve clearances should be for this bike? 2012 gio x33 140cc

Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Took cover off everything looks okay, going to take stator off and have a look. Also, can anyone tell me what the valve clearances should be for this bike? 2012 gio x33 140cc
It's been a while and here's what is happening with the bike. Finally broke down and took it to a mechanic who would look at it, alot of mechanics said they don't like working on Chinese bikes. Anyway he said it was the stator because it was only sending about 30 volts to coil. So i took bike home and got a stator off ebay. Put new stator on and still run's the same. I let the bike run for a couple minutes, it was a little dark in the garage and noticed the exhaust pipe was so hot it was starting to glow. you guy's got anymore suggestions before I get rid of this thing ? Also mechanic said valve clearances were good, set them at .003 inlet and .004 exhaust. Doe's that sound about right for this bike? Thanks again for the help.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #27

Quote:
It's been a while and here's what is happening with the bike. Finally broke down and took it to a mechanic who would look at it, alot of mechanics said they don't like working on Chinese bikes. Anyway he said it was the stator because it was only sending about 30 volts to coil. So i took bike home and got a stator off ebay. Put new stator on and still run's the same. I let the bike run for a couple minutes, it was a little dark in the garage and noticed the exhaust pipe was so hot it was starting to glow. you guy's got anymore suggestions before I get rid of this thing ? Also mechanic said valve clearances were good, set them at .003 inlet and .004 exhaust. Doe's that sound about right for this bike? Thanks again for the help.
Anybody ?

Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 AM   #28

I checked google and some specs for the KLX 140 came up. They are intake-.002-.003 and exhaust-.004-.006. Yours look to be set to the high of the intake and low of the exhaust. They are in spec. IF the kawi specs are the same as yours.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #29

Those specs will certainly be in the ballpark.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
I checked google and some specs for the KLX 140 came up. They are intake-.002-.003 and exhaust-.004-.006. Yours look to be set to the high of the intake and low of the exhaust. They are in spec. IF the kawi specs are the same as yours.
Thanks. I bought a new stator off ebay and bike still will not run right. Can anyone tell me how to check if stator good or not?