Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star
Well the larger motor really isnt larger it weighs about the same if not lighter just makes almost 3x more power 52hp.

People said this motor would tair my quads farme apart well they where all wrong.
I don't think that getting it to go faster would be the problem, it's getting it to stop once you're going. Take a good look at your brakes, then take a look at the brakes on production bikes with similar hp to your engine. There's no comparison.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
Well the larger motor really isnt larger it weighs about the same if not lighter just makes almost 3x more power 52hp.

People said this motor would tair my quads farme apart well they where all wrong.
I don't think that getting it to go faster would be the problem, it's getting it to stop once you're going. Take a good look at your brakes, then take a look at the brakes on production bikes with similar hp to your engine. There's no comparison.
Well they seem to work ok the front will lock right up and let me do a stopie so the fronts fine. As long as I dont have to stop sudden I should be fine.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Yes, the brakes and suspension have their limits. I think he has a grey market bike with possibly and older motor.

I think that a larger engine will tear the bike apart.

Allen

The quad frame is probably built alot better than the china bike. Keep an eye on the welds. They may need reinforcement. I think a fun bike could be built.

On the brakes, I don't plan on making much more power ever with my bike. Also with a 70mph top speed they are fine, but not for a highly modded lifan.

I don't know what would fit, but an upgraded swingarm for a jap sportbike along with a wider rear wheel and complete brake setup could be made to fit.

Allen

Old 07-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, the brakes and suspension have their limits. I think he has a grey market bike with possibly and older motor.

I think that a larger engine will tear the bike apart.

Allen

The quad frame is probably built alot better than the china bike. Keep an eye on the welds. They may need reinforcement. I think a fun bike could be built.

On the brakes, I don't plan on making much more power ever with my bike. Also with a 70mph top speed they are fine, but not for a highly modded lifan.

I don't know what would fit, but an upgraded swingarm for a jap sportbike along with a wider rear wheel and complete brake setup could be made to fit.

Allen
I saw that lifan has a new crotch rocket coming out this month and it has front and rear disk breaks. Also it looked like the tires might have been wider so i was thinking maybe see if i could buy the rims and tires and maybe a few other parts from lifan. Then I would just stud the tires I have now and use them for out on the lake at winter.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #20

I haven't seen any specs on the new bike yet. I am sure Bruce will have them soon.

Allen