Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #16

yep, he was hiding. himself and the money.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #17

I'm just copying what I wrote on the China-moto.com site but here it is.... Thanks

Today was the arraignment hearing for Travis Oberg. He of course plead “not guilty”, however, I knew that was the way this would go.

The good news is that the infamous voice mail was played before the Judge where he talks about taking off to Venezuela and having his buddies come and visit me in a threatening manner.

The Judge felt that not only was he a flight risk but that he was a risk to the general public so they did not allow a bail number to be set.

So Travis is in federal detention until his trial starts the end if July, which could be postponed a little.

So as a group, the FBI, the State authority’s, the US Attorneys office and the victims we were able to have a great day concerning this criminal Travis Oberg.

Now we need to all take a deep breath and get through the trial, hopefully he will be found guilty on the fraud charges and he will spend many years in prison where he cannot hurt anyone else again.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonpoole
...So Travis is in federal detention until his trial starts the end if July, which could be postponed a little.

So as a group, the FBI, the State authority’s, the US Attorneys office and the victims we were able to have a great day concerning this criminal Travis Oberg.

Now we need to all take a deep breath and get through the trial, hopefully he will be found guilty on the fraud charges and he will spend many years in prison where he cannot hurt anyone else again.
Amen! Thank you for posting the update, Almon.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #19

Too bad you likely wont see any of your money again, but hopefully he wont either.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #20

Wow, if he stole that much money from me he would not make it to court,I would tie his arse to a tree and wip him with bamboo stalks China style :twisted: . You seem to be handling it very well, not many people would be as calm as you even if they had the extra money to burn, I'm glad they caught him and hope they are able to recover at least some of your money. I just can't understand why things like this happen, I work my butt off every day to support my family and money is kinda tight but I would never even think to do something that, I hope they send him away for a long time.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #21

Honestly, I almost sent him 80k. Thank God I did not because that would have really hurt.

The 16250 I'll get back in a tax write off next year as I have more annual tax liability than that.

I will be going to China in October of this year and I will continue selling China bikes but only as an importer, if I MUST buy from an importer I will meet the truck and give them a check that day as soon as I see the bikes with my own eyes.....

No more Travis Oberg's, but of course the good thing is that it looks like the original "Travis Oberg" will be spending about twenty years in prison for wire fraud.

Hard to believe we did all this in only fours months, others have been trying to put him away for years apparently

Old 05-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #22

Let us know about China. I always enjoy pictures.

Good to hear the updates.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #23

Best of luck to you. If it is not against the rules, can you tell us a bit more about your business, can we buy from you?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #24

Sure guys.

I founded China-moto.com as lifan-moto.com back in 2006. Mainly as a China sports bike version of China riders, although specifically dealing with Lifan bikes back then.

In the past we have sold bikes online as well as accessory's. Our main problem has been growing from a web forum to a news source and finally to an online store.

We are in the process of relaunching our store and hopefully by the end of the year we will be offering 250cc China sport bikes and 500cc China sport bikes without interruption.

Just need to get to China and make some buy agreements which will happen in October of this year.

Thanks for the support about this Oberg fella, he will get his for sure and currently he is getting a small dose of it already in Federal detention......

Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #25

OK that is all fascinating. I will be watching. Do a little research to see if dirt bag Oberg has hidden assets some where.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Let us know about China. I always enjoy pictures.

Good to hear the updates.
X2 on everything Allen said.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #27

Someone else who Travis got...

Hi,
I too have a "Travis Story". I got hurt on the job in 2005 and decided to make money on the internet. I sold lawn mowers and Travis was to deliver them. I sent him almost $22,000. My customers called and complained that they never received any product and I reimbursed them out of my pocket.
4 customers totaling $21,965. I have been disabled and unemployed since 2005. We moved into a new house and had a baby since then. I went from making about $75k a year to $15k and hoped that online sales would be the ticket. I have a 100% satisfaction rate on E-Bay, but will never again sell anything that I do not physically hold in my possession.

I hope he gets what he deserves and I pray that we all are smarter because of him. No one should treat people the way he did

I am sorry for your losses

Neal
Pro Sound

Old 01-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #28

Wow, that's awful, Neal. :(

I see from posts at China-moto that Oberg will be sentenced next week on January 11. Apparently, he intends to plead guilty.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #29

You mean oberg?

Old 01-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #30

Sorry, yes, I meant Oberg.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer