Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2020, 01:48 PM   #16

Also, bog only happens at > 1/4 throttle. Comes cleanly off idle with the needle in the lowest position but after 1/4 throttle just lean bogs. Maybe I need a richer needle taper or larger main?

Old 05-16-2020, 02:10 PM   #17

With the airscrew all the way in the bog doesn't seems to be as bad, so I assume larger pilot or greater needle taper?

Old 05-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #18

If you're using the 17.5, and the air screw is almost all the way IN, you need to go to a #20 or a #22.5 pilot jet, and reset the air screw to 1.5 turns OUT, and then fine tune from there.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalmsticks View Post
First post, long time lurker... Just had a new DBX1 delivered and it's too lean at my altitude (7,300 ft), it is bogging bad when I snap the throttle open. I pulled the carb to check the size on the pilot jet (turned out to be a k34 pilot and 90 main) and possibly replace with a larger jet. The PZ27 carb has a weird two piece pilot jet. I pulled both pieces of the pilot out and installed a 40 pilot from a typical PZ27. Think it will work?

Eta - fuel mixture screw was 3 turns out from the factory.
Hi Napalmsticks - Would you please explain how you pulled out the two piece pilot jet? Did you have to destroy it to pull it out? I don't see how the newer 2 piece pilot jet can be an improved design. How is someone suppose to clean out the small orifice holes with that thing is pressed in.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalmsticks View Post
First post, long time lurker... Just had a new DBX1 delivered and it's too lean at my altitude (7,300 ft), it is bogging bad when I snap the throttle open. I pulled the carb to check the size on the pilot jet (turned out to be a k34 pilot and 90 main) and possibly replace with a larger jet. The PZ27 carb has a weird two piece pilot jet. I pulled both pieces of the pilot out and installed a 40 pilot from a typical PZ27. Think it will work?

Eta - fuel mixture screw was 3 turns out from the factory.
hi, did you manage to find these slow jets? I have fitted a classic keihin jet and it seems to go well and that the engine runs well. does yours work with standard keihin jet?