Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #16

Thinking about buying the honda..

Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkipper
The CBR250R sounds like a great little motorcycle, Skipper. Please do keep us advised regarding your decision.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #18

it comes down to looks for me the bikes are as said above "so close" to each other.

i hate the way the cbr looks in fact i have never liked the way any honda bike or motorcycle has looked..just my personal taste i guess, but the kiwi 250r is a sexy beast and when i can afford to, i will have one parked in the garage between the quad and the mustang...

Old 04-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #19

idk if i have posted this before, i think i might have but oh well..

here is a link to a local dealer with a side by side comparison... what i hate about the cbr's looks is the front fairing around the radiator.. its big and empty, it goes against the rear half of the bike in terms of looks. plus the cbr is about 50 pds lighter and idk about ditching 50pds on a already light weight bike that people say gets knocked around on the highways by passing cars.. the extra weight of the ninja would make it a more stable bike..

http://www.woodsfuncenter.com/new_ve...2=209976&go=Go

Old 04-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
idk if i have posted this before, i think i might have but oh well..

here is a link to a local dealer with a side by side comparison... what i hate about the cbr's looks is the front fairing around the radiator.. its big and empty, it goes against the rear half of the bike in terms of looks. plus the cbr is about 50 pds lighter and idk about ditching 50pds on a already light weight bike that people say gets knocked around on the highways by passing cars.. the extra weight of the ninja would make it a more stable bike..

http://www.woodsfuncenter.com/new_ve...2=209976&go=Go
Thanks for posting the link, Mike. According to the specifications on the link you posted, the Honda CBR250R is 18 pounds lighter than the Ninja 250R.

The Ninja 250R is a great bike. I like the 4.8-gallon fuel tank, and the high performance engine on the Ninja. However, I like the fuel injection, easier maintenance, and high fuel mileage of the Honda. Depending on the intended usage, one of these bikes is going to appeal more than the other to any particular rider. I am very glad to see someone is finally offering some competition to the Ninja 250R. Perhaps competition will lower the price of both motorcycles.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 AM   #21

idk about the price drop unless yamaha or suzuki roll a 250r out for slight less then honda or kiwi. estimating if yamaha or suzuki came out with a 250 for 500 less then the honda or kiwi. then honda and kiwi would either drop by 500 or maybe even a 1000 less. if they dropped it a grand or even 750 less, then that price difference would bring a larger market of people who where looking at one of the other 250's

my bad for being off about the weight of the bikes, i took a quick glance and thought it looked to be 50pds lighter but i was off on that.. but i still say for the smaller 250 sized bikes putting them on a diet may or may not be the best idea.. id rather see a slightly heavier bike with a few more hp & ftlbs then a small bike shed weight to make up for performance. you shed weight off these smaller bikes and it starts becoming even more unsafer then it is being just a motorcycle. the rider gets effected more by the wind from passing cars and wind gusts then they would be on a heavier bike.. hell my mustang gets knocked around pretty good on windy days..

Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkipper
The CBR250R sounds like a great little motorcycle, Skipper. Please do keep us advised regarding your decision.

Spud
Iv owned/own several honda atvs, and always liked them and rarely had any problems.

I like the honda more the ninja because its fuel injected and is a around smaller bike. It also gets 10 more mpg than the ninja. Gas milage being the primary reason for me getting one altogether, just that made the choice that much easier.

I do agree that the ninja looks a little better with sportier looks. But the honda doesnt look bad at all.

I emailed a local dealership today with my information. Hopefully
i'll have the honda by the end of the week.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #23

If you decide to buy a CBR250R, please do start a thread in this forum, Skipper! We would love to learn more about this bike.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #24

It's mostly about taste, you can't go wrong with either but I prefer the Honda.

I like Thumpers, and to my eye the Honda looks more sophisticated and professional. The build quality and detail of my 2008 Ninja was so-so, and I bet the Honda is better. JMHO, I've never seen the Honda.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
It's mostly about taste, you can't go wrong with either but I prefer the Honda.

I like Thumpers, and to my eye the Honda looks more sophisticated and professional. The build quality and detail of my 2008 Ninja was so-so, and I bet the Honda is better. JMHO, I've never seen the Honda.
I am very glad Honda stepped up to the plate, and decided to compete against the Ninja 250R. Kawasaki has been without competition in this corner of the marketplace for decades! 8O

The new Honda is high tech, and holds a number of new patents. Fuel injection is more fuel efficient, and less troublesome than carburetors. In addition, maintenance intervals are longer, and maintenance is simpler for the Honda. However, the Ninja 250R is still a great little bike, and will continue to appeal to many riders. It's certainly nice to have a choice!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #26

spud i think in a years time kiwi will step up with fi on the ninja, i mean they where the first to fi their 450r quads.. the kfx iirc was fi'ed in 08.. i would be more interested in a yamaha 250r. call it the mini jixer 250r, if it came down to it, id preffer the gsxr looks wise to the kiwi's line up of motorcycles

Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
spud i think in a years time kiwi will step up with fi on the ninja...
I hope so, Mike. I guess it is pretty expensive to put fuel injection on a motorcycle; the manufacturers certainly charge enough for fuel injection. :roll: The Ninja 250R presently makes very good power with its twin cylinders, and twin carburetors.

Honda went to great effort to incorporate the latest technology in the design of the CBR250R. Motorcycles require more maintenance than automobiles, and I would rather ride than "wrench;" therefore, I appreciate simple maintenance. I really enjoy the simple design, and simple maintenance involved to keep my two air cooled, single cylinder, dual sport motorcycles running.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #28

well kiwi no longer is the end all be all of 250cc motorcycles.. now that honda has introduced a 250 kiwi knows its going to have to step its game and offer more for the same price..

from what ive heard the ninja 250r's greatly improve with a simple rejet of the stock jets even with out mods.. ive read that the throttle is sketchy in 1st with how the power comes into play and that the fix to smooth that out is a rejet.. but yes when it comes to bikes id much rather go with something that has the newest tech in it and deff has fi. but at the same time new tech in a new platform always leaves some bugs that need to get worked out.. if i did want the cbr250r, id at the very least wait 1 full year to see what bugs come to light over that year..

if kiwi can easly put out a fi 450r quad they could just take the componets from the kfx450r and transfer them over to the ninja leaving just a new ecm to be designed and programed from the 250r engine. i jsut dont see kiwi putting out another 250r that is not fi.. i think the 2011 ninja's answer the call for suspension and ride feeling and that sexy sexy look the ninja's have.. all thats lacking is fuel injection..

Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #29

I agree; a fuel-injected, Nina 250R would be the cat's pajamas, and the bee's knees. However, I think the price would increase quite a bit if Kawasaki converted the Ninjette to fuel injection. :?

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 AM   #30

id be willing to pay the extra amount, the years the ninja 250r has behind it are the deciding factor for me getting a ninja 250r. i was going to go see about picking up a 2011 ninja, but because i have faith that kwi will release a FI 250r with in the next 2 generations. i decided to hold off and see what the 2012 model brings to the table, then if its not FI. i guess i have to decide if i want to wait another half year. gives me more time to save up and maybe be able to buy it out right off the showroom floor.