Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyNotSoMartin View Post
To be honest with you, I'm not sure. I've never worked on my cars (other than basic oil change and maintenance) And this hawk was my forst motorcycle. One day I was leaving work and noticed it was leaking oil. I rode it home and the next morning their was a considerable amount of oil on the floor. I left the bike their for about almost 2 months before a mechanic saw it. The engine is locked. The kick start wont go down and the wheel wont budge when trying to push start it.

Some extra info. I changed the oil that it came with. And did a oil change when it hit 100 miles. After that, I did not do the break in correctly. I redline it a few times and was riding the hell out of it. Im not sure if this is related but, the chain came loose while doing a big acceleration a few days before it started leaking.
What is your location, city and state if you're in the US. There may be a member close by that can help diagnose problems. I've done it for fellow forum members on other forums.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #17

go BIG!

Old 07-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #18

Does anyone have a link to replacement engines? I've looked around and, aside from smaller displacement engines, have only found TX power sports. I think it would bring Chinese bikes over the top if there was a good supply of these engines in the US.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlara333 View Post
Does anyone have a link to replacement engines? I've looked around and, aside from smaller displacement engines, have only found TX power sports. I think it would bring Chinese bikes over the top if there was a good supply of these engines in the US.
CSC. Email them and they can give you a price shipped to your door.

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/

Old 06-13-2022, 09:57 AM   #20

I've tinkered my hawk up a bit. Carb pipe other stuff. At 50 to 62 it takes way to long to pass. It's always fun to have a loud chitchat with the other driver as you crawl by at wfo. I would speculate the cb250 or the ninja250 (around 4 bones used +shp) would fit with a bit off lightning glue but then that wobbly af front end needs to go. hmm just get something better.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #21

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18506490264...acdef5822364b1