Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #16

Good deal on the hot tub, Wayne! Free is always the best price.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #17

OK, finally in the plane mood, almost done putting one of my Strykers together, this plane is a pusher and works well for my micro camera on the nose, did a hand fly around the workshop to make sure the nose cone would be in the frame, it is, so hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow and i'll try to get some good aerial vids, here's the quick workshop tour,

ps. my date is acting up again too, must try to reset it to the correct date/time.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #18

That was a really cool flight until King Kong grabbed the plane out of the air.

I spotted your Beast video, Wayne. How's your shoulder these days?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

Shoulder isn't too bad actually, just hurts the odd time if i stretch it too far or make a quick move, hopefully the weather gets a bit better so i can fly at the club tomorrow morning, good fly new years day, thay say it brings good luck.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

LMAO!

A Canadian King Kong! The most dangerous of all! I hope you get a flight in, Wayne. The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL but cold. No wind, bright sunshine, blue skies. If its similar by you, and it probably is, you'll have a great time. I assume your aircraft are also affected by density altitude?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL but cold. No wind, bright sunshine, blue skies. If its similar by you, and it probably is, you'll have a great time. I assume your aircraft are also affected by density altitude?
The weather here is crap, 6C yesterday, 7C today with rain and fog, no flying today, plus all my snow is almost gone, supposed to be -7C tonight though, it's going to be an icy frozen mess.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL but cold. No wind, bright sunshine, blue skies. If its similar by you, and it probably is, you'll have a great time. I assume your aircraft are also affected by density altitude?
The weather here is crap, 6C yesterday, 7C today with rain and fog, no flying today, plus all my snow is almost gone, supposed to be -7C tonight though, it's going to be an icy frozen mess.
I'm sorry about your bad weather, Wayne. The ice is treacherous for both drivers, and pedestrians; many elderly people and handicapped people get seriously injured falling on ice. :( Winter stinks.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #23

Well -5C and quite windy today, i still managed to get to the shop and get my plane up for a test flight to trim it out, once trimmed i swapped batteries and put the Turnigy Micro Video Camera onboard and put it up for a short flight, a hawk flew by on take off, i tried chasing him and caught him a few times in the frame but it's hard to judge when your not in the pilots seat, anyways here's the vid, it turned out OK, the white specs are snow throughout the vid, i think that pause i get about 1/2 way in is becuase i had it set to voice activated and it stopped and started again because the sound level was over 85db, on the second flight it just stopped.
As you can see all my snow is gone, and yes that's my poor old sled out behind the shop, lotsa ice in the fields though, i think a warm day in my town would be better content and easier on my hands, enjoy.

Stryker ready for action

The flight

The original vid looks better then the youtube version, not sure why when uploaded to youtube it looks pixely, especially in full screen mode, any ideas?.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #24

Round 2

Both landings sound rough in the vid but they were actually quite gentle landings into the corn stalks.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #25

Thanks for those! You are getting me seriously interested, enough to do some Googling about this hobby!
Range? Flight time?
Could you prop the camera a touch higher to clear the nose or would that affect aerodynamics? And have you tried a sock over the mike to stop the wind noise?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jape
Thanks for those! You are getting me seriously interested, enough to do some Googling about this hobby!
Range? Flight time?
Could you prop the camera a touch higher to clear the nose or would that affect aerodynamics? And have you tried a sock over the mike to stop the wind noise?
I thought about mounting the camera so the nose didn't show, but i thought it gave some reference to the plane, next time i will put some foam in there to help quite the wind noise, but it was very windy today. As for range, i'm using a Hitec Optic 6 radio and the Hitec Electron 6 reciever on the 72Mhz frequency, it's about 1.5 mile-1.75 mile range, way beyond being able to actually see the plane.
That plane above ( Parkzone Stryker) is what i learned to fly on, took quite awhile to get the hang of the delta wings flying characteristics, but once mastered my regular winged planes were a breeze to master, it came as a ready to fly kit for $200, the new ones are brushless motor powered and are a bit more, my first one was 5-6min flights, now with the LIPO batteries you can get 10-20 min no problem with some throttle control, the nice part about learning to fly one of these is the full replacement wing is only around $30, but beleive me i had tons of CA glue and packing tape on my 1st one to repair all the damage and it still flew good.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #27

Wayne, that was so cool! Thanks for the vid.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #28

The one I found in Aus was about $500 with the tx/rx which is a bit much for me, but I will start soon with something, looks like too much fun to miss! My niece's BF has big RC helicopters, not the small front-room ones so may have some contacts for me.

Any frequencies work better with trees around? I live in the bush and the neighbours that have the 18 and 19yr old granddaughters and their friends at their swimming pool all holiday have far too many trees!!!!

I noticed the wind noise a lot on an earlier driveway video (spy sunglasses) on CR with a motorbike, so if you could lose that this device would be an excellent camera set-up for bike as well as plane!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #29

Great video! I love to watch people fly R/C but I don't have the right stuff to do it myself. I flew the Maule to Kalifornia and back this weekend though, but I had the advantage of the cockpit seat and the instruments!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #30

BTW I've had harder landings than that one :oops: . Looked smooth, slow, and short.