Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Tool pouch from Christian Motorcycle Association.
You're a CMA member? The local chapter president goes to our church, and a few of our congregational members have also joined (including our Pastor). I may have a thread on this topic soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Harbor Freight lift PRICELESS
So, the HF lift is working out well for you? I've looked at it in the store a few times, but the placement of the bottle jack seemed awkward to me. It looks like it's not positioned for good mechanical advantage. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You're a CMA member?
So, the HF lift is working out well for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
As for the HF lift, I've changed the front cock to the loop kind that really captures the front tire. The loop holds the bike up while putting on the tie downs. You need to jack it up all the way to the top ,insert the safety bar then back it down and this takes all the play and giggles out of the lift when it is under tension. Also run the 2 front feet down onto the floor to steady it further. I've moved 2 of the tie down loops to the front of the lift. Other then that the jack placement seems to work fine and only time I need to be careful is taking bike on and off lift because of tripping hazard of the handles that lift it and let it down. So I just remove them and put them underneath the lift out of the way.
I have friends who are members of CMA and everyone has been welcome at all their rallies members or not. But I'm just a Christian, not a member of CMA and I bought the pouch at one of their campouts. Very rugged pouch. I appreciate what the CMA does but I don't join groups that I can't devote the time that is needed to be a active member. I prefer to read my Bible at home and not get involved with the money making business that much of the "churches" have become. I DON'T believe CMA to be in that category and are a real help at the rallies I've been to where they are some of the hardest working people there. While everyone else is out riding and having a good time , they are there to serve others, doing a lot of the "grunt" work the rest of us don't want to do.
Organizations are man made and have rules and regulations , meetings and dues to pay for it all. Not my cup of RX3 tea. So I freelance so to speak and let the Lord direct what to do with my life. They all have their place in the world and I don't doubt that they do a lot of good .
So much for my theology, I don't want to side track this thread with a bunch of religious or political arguments so take it for what it is worth as just rj's "thing"

Last edited by rjmorel; 11-19-2015 at 01:37 PM.