Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #16

Let's be realistic guys. He's asking for upgrades not a whole new bike design. The engine isn't changing for 2021.
As a 2020 owner, I would say an option to go with 18/21 wheels/tires, and upgrading the headlight assembly. If not going full LED, at least something that is rideable at night. The headlight really sucks. Adjusting the focus would be awesome.
Oh and 18/21 wheel to option into would be awesome.
The white plastic clamps on the fork tubes aren't great.
Maybe something that mounts the fork guards and holds the brake and speedometer cables better and stronger would be good.
Oh and maybe 18/21 wheel tire combo as an option.
Maybe just add a simple switch somewhere hidden for the remote start? Could use it if desired, turn it off if not?
I have to say I rarely if ever use it. The few dollars saved to delete it could go towards making those front fork mounts better.
Probably an option to get 18/21 wheels would be really good.
Upgrading the bulbs in the fuel level indicator side of the dash to led would be good. The left side is this super bright blue and then the left you can hardly see.
And I can't remember if I mentioned it, but 18/21 wheels as an option would be amazing.
Other than that, what an awesome bike for what Peace Sports is selling it now.
I'd like to see it kept under $2000.
With an option to upgrade to 18/21 wheels maybe just surpassing $2000

Old 12-17-2020, 10:21 PM   #17

Stay away from fuel injection at all costs put that on a different model of bike like Shark FI or something

Old 12-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
Stay away from fuel injection at all costs put that on a different model of bike like Shark FI or something
I always liked the look of the Shark; not necessarily over the Brozz, but had I been in the position to buy a bike, and was set on the Brozz, I wouldn't have considered it 'settling' if they were all out of the Brozz and I had to buy a Shark.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-18-2020, 05:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Not to be one of those 'know it all' types, but the Suzuki is made in China in a joint venture. I would have liked them to bring their 250 Vee Strom (same joint venture) instead of the GSXR.
Yeah I knew it was a made in china bike but it's a water cooled, 6 speed bike with plenty of local dealer support. I was just trying to point out that if the Brozz gets too high in it's price range then there are plenty of other choices to choose from. At under $2000 for a good reliable bike that's a lot of fun, there just isn't a lot of competition in that market. As far as Peace Sports not changing the motor as someone has stated, there is a couple of bikes in this price range with the CB motor so it can be done I would think. I believe it would increase sales if the HP were higher even if it was just a couple of HP.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 12-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #20

21/18 wheels (*aluminum) on the recon. that would make it a standout and an easy choice for someone (like me ) that would be more dirt focused with light street use

Old 12-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #21

Well ,not sure if anybody mentioned it yet ,but how about a set of 21”-18” or 19” wheels ? Just a personal preference ,but I like the tan recon but hate the shine on it ,Lastly ,any thoughts of getting them into Canada ?we don’t have a choice of any hawk like bikes as far as I know (I would own one if I did ) we have lots of good riding areas for bikes like that and I think you would do extremely well with them .

Old 12-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #22

An accurate speedometer

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 12-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #23

I would do away with the remote. Engine is fine. Just spec the valve clearance be done at the factory. Add a 6th gear but not at the same ratio as the 5th in there now. Like a slight overdrive. No FI. Too many things to go wrong. Oring chain. Analog gauges. USB port(s). Charging system to handle anything we want to add.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #24

2021 Brozz RECON: Change the rims to 18/21 (aluminum rims if possible) on the RECON model since it's meant for more offroad use than the standard Brozz. Keep the rims black. It would be worth a slight bump in price for the RECON model if it had those changes.

Also black out the inverted forks on both models...the gold forks look a bit funky, and black out the chrome pieces on the exhaust. Otherwise the standard Brozz should remain the way it is.

Thanks for asking for suggestions!!

Old 12-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #25

Too many things to list here, so check out the Orion RXB - 250L. For only $100 more it's a huge improvement! If I had known it was available I would have bought it instead of the Brozz Recon.

For the most part I'm happy with my recon so far.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsnwater View Post
Too many things to list here, so check out the Orion RXB - 250L. For only $100 more it's a huge improvement! If I had known it was available I would have bought it instead of the Brozz Recon.

I looked at that the RXB-L but it seems less comfortable than the Brozz, especially in the seat department with not much 2-up support (no pegs that i could see), and more dirt-focused, so may be the better choice for those looking for mostly dirt riding with little street, vs 50 street /50 dirt or in my case 60/40 or more street

Old 12-20-2020, 12:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
An accurate speedometer

Agree. I expect the speed sensor on the Brozz is really for a 21 inch wheel.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Agree. I expect the speed sensor on the Brozz is really for a 21 inch wheel.
I'm sure it would be much closer to accurate with a 21 up front. With that being said when its time to replace my tires I want to look into getting a taller 19" tire option to help a bit, if that's even a possibility

Old 12-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsnwater View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
I looked at that the RXB-L but it seems less comfortable than the Brozz, especially in the seat department with not much 2-up support (no pegs that i could see), and more dirt-focused, so may be the better choice for those looking for mostly dirt riding with little street, vs 50 street /50 dirt or in my case 60/40 or more street
I could see the Recon being a more dirt oriented machine like the RXB, and leaving the Brozz as is with a few upgrades.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-20-2020, 05:51 PM   #30

I agree with the 21/18 inch wheels , aluminum would be the cherry on top. As a Recon owner i would prefer the decals be removable and not clear coated over.
A folding aluminum shift lever
An aluminum rear brake pedal with a folding end piece that does not hang so low like the one fitted now.
Put in a sealed YTX9 BS battery (available everywhere and has more cranking amps)

Change the seat mount to a key operated removal unit , Don't change the seat as it is comfortable.

Open up the air box and fit a bigger air filter.

Offer an optional Aluminum skid plate with more protection for the brake pedal and gear shift lever.

Offer (optional) a decent set of metal reinforced hand guards ( must be tough and bolt right on)

Offer (optional) a larger capacity (say 4 gal) plastic fuel tank that looks factory (color matched with removable decals ) and even a fuel gauge sending unit.

Its a bit late for the cg300 engine for 2021 but what about 2022? Every one needs a little more power and torque.

Big list but you did ask