Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #16

A side note on the Ali buttons.
I fitted the extra set I had to my box and fitting the box was a breeze.
Here are my thoughts as to why we both had a slightly different experience:

1: maybe the machining tolerances are not perfect between each bike, holes in the box could be a little off or the slots in the base are a little different during production.

2: maybe your box and or base plate got bashed or bent out of shape slightly when it all went wrong with the old owner.

3: I doubt the buttons/product it self is the whole issue, rather several minor imperfections and it should still easily be rectified.

I may look at getting these made locally see if I can trim my costs a little and offer them as a stocked item etc.
Do let me know if this would be a good item to stock and make or should I just buy as they sell? suggestions welcome etc.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #17

Any chance these 'buttons' might still be available at this juncture? I just got my RX4 with the Tourfella luggage, and while I don't need them at this point, I'd like to have a stronger set to keep the plastic ones as 'backup'.

A slightly shorter measurement between the top box and the groove in the button would actually be helpful, as my retention pin *barely* interfaces with the luggage rack at this point. (It looks like it accidentally ended up being a friction fit during the month and a half of shipping, and I had to 'pull' the sheet metal of the rack more flat to even get the pin almost flush with the underside of the rack so it would stay in place under heavy braking.)