Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2019, 12:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Hawk View Post
I have the same also but I dropped my bike probably a week after having the levers and broke my clutch lever. So now I have my stock clutch lever on so one red one black. Anyone know where I can get just the red clutch lever replacement. Also I have to constantly adjust my clutch lever when I ride and it warms up anyone else have this problem. Is it the clutch I bought or are all Hawk clutch levers needing adjustment once warmed up? Not really a big deal for me but is weird that I have to readjust after about 30 min riding. Is that normal?
I'm not familiar with the CG engine yet, but I'd say it's just not broke in yet. Jerry would probably know though.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #17

When I first got my Hawk I found that I was doing the same, constantly adjusting the clutch. Once I installed my oil cooler that seem to go away. The same thing with finding neutral. No more problems. One that did help was adjusting the clutch with little to no play when cold. That way when it warmed up it was set just about right.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
I live pretty far from civilization and most of our roads are secondary pavement and gravel. When the bike does actually see a highway it will only be for a short spell. Most of our little towns are designated ATV friendly so the only law enforcement that will hassle you is a state trooper, but it's rare to see one. And 13 tooth is the biggest I can go in the 520 size.

Just for reference the nearest Walmart or big grocery store is an hour away lol.
perhaps another tooth or two in the back if you're planning to consistantly ride above 55.

I grew up in Belpre. when young, used to ride street bikes through the country north of town. lots on 339 and 555, plus other backroads in between.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
perhaps another tooth or two in the back if you're planning to consistantly ride above 55.

I grew up in Belpre. when young, used to ride street bikes through the country north of town. lots on 339 and 555, plus other backroads in between.
Both are excellent roads for a bike, especially the twisty triple nickel, which I live 4 miles from.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #20

Well after searching the forums I got genuine Honda sprocket studs on the way for about $28 including shipping.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I have those exact handguards. The stock levers will be too long. You will either need to cut the balls off the ends or get shorter levers. I replace the complete lever set including the master cylinder with short levers because my stock master cylinder was hanging up.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-M...a899%7Ciid%3A1
Before you cut off the ends of the levers consider a one inch spacer on the end of the bars. My TBR7 has a little welded in cap with a 6mm thread to accept the factory hand guards, the factory used about a 1 1/2 inch plastic spacer on the end of the bars . I purchased a similar set of guards to these ( white color ). when i mocked them up i was in the same boat as Jerry. So i looked around my garage and found about an inch long nut with a 8 mm hole drilled through it. I then bolted on the guards and have enough clearance for the stock levers.

I meant to do a little update with photos this weekend but the weather was good and off i went

As a side note don't try and bend the aluminum part of the hand guard to make it fit dead square to the other handlebar mount as they don't bend . I broke the end off and had to order another set which looked the same but seemed better quality. The first set ( the one i broke ) looked like the aluminum stock in the guard was cast ? and the second set the aluminum bar looked more finished in appearance ( smooth finish ). Also the first set had a stripped out thread on the part that bolts to the inside of the handlebar . It was 5mm (too small imho ), so i drilled and tapped the holes to 6mm and this seems perfect.

Hope this helps

Old 03-05-2019, 07:18 PM   #22

I always buy Zita hand guards..
no soft threaded alloy components… nut & bolts....
tighten them as much as you need..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 03-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #23

Exclamation

Quote:
I'll probably just hack them off at first, but thanks for the link.
I use spacers on the end of my bars and I have plenty of room for the stock levers.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #24

Amazon rocks, even with choosing free shipping most of my parts got here yesterday. Just waiting on the sprockets and Honda sprocket studs. The sad part is I've got the flu and don't feel well enough to eat or drink, let alone wrench on my bike.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Amazon rocks, even with choosing free shipping most of my parts got here yesterday. Just waiting on the sprockets and Honda sprocket studs. The sad part is I've got the flu and don't feel well enough to eat or drink, let alone wrench on my bike.
Amazon, My favorite place to shop.
Hope you get well soon. I've been lucky so far and have not gotten sick or the flu. I get the Flu shot every year.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel