Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithLord View Post
Hi, new member here.
I can relate. I've been reading up on the Hawk 250 for weeks now, even ordered all the upgrade/accessories I want to mod the bike with. Just need to order the bike.
In comes KMS. I chose them as my purchaser because I saw a posting by a KMS "employee" giving a demo of the bike. Looks official, right?

I placed order, online on a Monday, registered on their website, the whole nine yards. Promptly received an order confirmation. Good to go. An hour later I received a call, with them wanting to get a copy of my DL and CC, to "verify" I am the owner.
Red flag #1
Sent the information they requested, I did block out all except last 4 of my CC number. I was told item was in stock and would ship. Thursday comes, no email so I called the support line, chose option 2 and then option 1 for "status". Got voicemail. Ok they are busy right? Left message. Tuesday comes, no return call..
Red flag #2
After repeated calls, and emails to the confirmation email, I finally decide to change it up. Instead of option 2, then 1 for order status, I chose first option 1 for sales. Received an IMMEDIATE answer (go figure, we'll take more money). Explained my situation, asked to be transferred. Gal on the line, who had attitude for days mind you, informed me she cannot transfer me, that's a different depart. She only deals in sales so I'd have to call back. Mind you, I've explained that no one has returned my calls or answered the phone. So sorry, can't help you.
Red flag #3
So I mix it up again. I chose the option for assembly support. Was on hold for a minute, got an answer. Lady was nice an said my item was due to ship. Due to ship? Its already been 6 days since I ordered an in stock item. She explained to me their "process". Made no sense, but ok, I'll be patient.
Red flag #4
Three business days later, I tried to call again. None of my tricks worked of choosing different options just to get a human on the phone. So I decide to cancel. I replied to the original confirmation email, and asked for a cancellation confirmation. The wait begins.
Two days later and 4 emails later, I call from a different number to customer support. Miracle!!! They answered my call from a different phone number.
Red flag #5
After speaking to a human, I was informed the procedure I used to cancel was correct, but she there was no note that a cancellation was in place. Mind you, my CC has already been charged...the DAY after I placed the order almost two week ago.
Red flag #6
Two days later, called from my 2nd number. No answer, no return calls. Sent yet another email. Asked a buddy to borrow his phone and guess what? You guessed it, they answered!!!! Lady on phone confirmed she got the email I sent prior to calling, but not the other myriad of emails I sent. She said she'd cancel the order, no harm no foul.
10 minutes later, I get an email stating my order is slated for shipping, so It qualifies for a $100 cancellation charge!!!!!
Are you kidding me??!! I get charged because they cannot answer a phone, email or voicemail? I get charged because they cannot promptly ship me an item that is paid for already, and supposedly in stock? WTF

Stay away from Killer Motor Sports
Sorry to hear of your troubles - I did find they answer their Facebook Messenger, better yet post on their page. They get back to you very very fast. Albeit in my case it was to tell me they couldn't help me. I found a work-around thankfully. I have to say the "previous" owners were really quite good about getting me my motorcycle despite no communication for a couple of weeks but they finally sent the tracking number. I almost wonder if they drop-ship from RPS ?

Old 07-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #17

I got my MCO on Friday the 6th. went and got plates for it yesterday and took the first ride today.
cranked right up.

the one thing i didn't know was that if your bill of sale doesn't include tax they will tax you on the sale when you go to get the title. that's just food for thought.

i had a small issue with installing the battery, i put it in reverse and snapped the battery strap ($5 strap i bought on VMC chinese parts) but all worked out fine now. also, the tire pressure is labeled right on the stem of the scooter which was helpful (26 psi in front and 33 psi in back)... only had 3 psi in the tires when i got it. also i used the bolts and nuts from the shipping crate to install the trunk because i felt like that hardware was stronger even tho it came with some screws.

i have not received my free bluetooth speaker yet but i also haven't reached out to KMS as of yet, hopefully that works out. i'm using a hands-free device for now. will keep yall posted

-mike

see attached
Name:  20180712_195438.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  98.6 KB
Name:  20180712_195459.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  97.8 KB
Name:  ce6cff1e-5aa2-4882-b92e-12614b63d740.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  89.9 KB

Old 07-29-2018, 03:41 AM   #18

I reached out to KMS on, i believe the 16th of July, I was told they had a delay but they would send out my speaker soon and once they got it they shipped it on the 25th and I received it on the 28th.

it's a Tao Motor wireless Bluetooth speaker but the best part is that I was pleasantly surprised it also has FM Radio built in.. you have to supply an antenna connection or use earbuds to use the radio if you want to get a signal out of the box but the trunk that came with the scooter has a physical antenna that pulls up so I'm gonna connect the two and hopefully connect the power to it also.. mine being a 2016 model didn't come with a USB port installed so I'll have to manage those somehow.

also, the speaker is $40 brand new not the $80 value claimed from what I can tell looking online but that's to be expected especially if they're quoting a suggested retail value like so many stores often do.

I have more than 100 miles on the scoot and only one instance of a problem was the turning indicators went out while I was driving but then I stopped and turned it off and back on and it was fine again.. I don't know what it was but I assume it wasn't major and it hasn't happened since.

I've driven it maybe half a dozen times after that without incident.

lots of luck.

-mike

see attached
Name:  20180729_032336.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  20.3 KB
Name:  20180729_032317.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  14.2 KB
Name:  20180729_032259.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  15.7 KB