Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #16

That's what I'd thought.

I don't suppose you live close to PA to cash in on one of those $1,400 Q's...

Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #17

Man that's fuckin gay that Gio don't ship to USA i really liked there bikes too.....OH WELL FUCK IT I GUESS

Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #18

Think older Japanese bike. Think XR200. Best trail bike I've ever ridden.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0phreak420
Man that's f--- gay that Gio don't ship to USA i really liked there bikes too.....OH WELL f--- IT I GUESS
I believe it's because the ATV's and bikes are not EPA approved so they would never get across the border if they tried to ship it to you, you might get away with bringing it across yourself though.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #20

There is plenty of options in the USA too I think... Like Weld + Grind said, Bruce / endless journey cycles has always had positive feedback...

I don't know what's still available in the USA but when I was looking at bikes a few years back they always had better prices.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0phreak420
Man that's f--- gay that Gio don't ship to USA i really liked there bikes too.....OH WELL f--- IT I GUESS
I believe it's because the ATV's and bikes are not EPA approved so they would never get across the border if they tried to ship it to you, you might get away with bringing it across yourself though.

Hi bi0phreak420
No it's not... The US EPA designates every vehicle that comes into this country {USA}. All vehicles Must meet 2010 emissions standards... Vehicles that are sold in other countries Do Not meet EPA standards in the USA. Even if you went to Canada & tried to bring the bike back you wouldn't be able to cross the border with it because of this. People can get older vehicles across the border but they need to meet EPA requirements or be old enough that EPA requirements no longer are current. Laws are laws, we don't have to like them we just have to abide by them.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #22

So far, off-road or competition vehicles don't need to comply with emissions laws in Canada, but I'm sure that will change soon.

Conversely, any vehicle that is intended for the road must undergo a very strict and costly inspection process for the vehicle to be legally imported into Canada. That's why we only have three (that I'm aware of) brands of China bike on the road. :roll:

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #23

bi0phreak420

There are very few off road "off-brand" dirt bikes that are coming into this country right now. You may find stuff on some web sites but then you deal with warranty & parts issues. Then who is going to repair it... {if you can't or aren't able to} no pun just an example. The other thing is a bike large enough in an off brand, being 200 lbs. you would most likely want/need a 200cc or larger & the off branded bikes aren't made for real hard use yet.

W&G

I understand that completely. The only bikes that are aloud in the US are the 2-stroke racing bikes... 4-Stroke racers even need to pass emissions. The 2006 & newer 2-Stroke racers that are left are only able to be used for "Off Road Competition Use Only", you aren't even able to use them on county, state or federal lands for trail riding.

Anything else that is made for off road use here has to meet EPA standards. A lot of the "Off Branded Vehicles" that used to be sold here went to the way side due to the 2006 EPA standards, mainly them {EPA} saying there will be "Only 1 Manufacturer per Engine/Vehicle EPA Certificate", meaning that a company can't use another companies EPA Certificate like they used to. 2006/2010 standards went through the roof!! Oh, by the way... Thanks for the plug...
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 12-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #24

Ok well that explains a lot and i thank you for the info I guess ill just keep looking ..I have looked for a xr200 but there aren't many for sale around here and the ones that are ....are over priced

Old 12-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #25

the big 4

I have to agree with FastDoc. Even if its pricey the xr200 is a great bike. Simple 4 stoke maintenance, change the oil, tighten /lubricate chain and keep the air filter clean. (easy) I had an 84 xr200. Now on a Gio x31- 250, it's close in performance, not in quality IMO