Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #16

My shock was advertised as nitrogen charged and it does have a valve on it. They have since changed the advertisement and I've noticed some don't even have a valve or nozzle. It even has a warning on the shock body.

Jay's TBR7 is ridiculous, just going down my driveway it bounces like there's no rebound damping at all.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
My shock was advertised as nitrogen charged and it does have a valve on it. They have since changed the advertisement and I've noticed some don't even have a valve or nozzle. It even has a warning on the shock body.

Jay's TBR7 is ridiculous, just going down my driveway it bounces like there's no rebound damping at all.
I feel the pain and frustration ( been there and done that ). If you get another shock keep us posted as to what your considering and why as i'm still in the market but not sure i would buy from china direct ? A dealer that sells them here with a return policy is the way to go i believe.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:30 AM   #18

Testing a shock

Hello all.
My rear shock was so weak just my 240 lbs would bottom out the shock before I even started the engine.
I have seen tons of post with riders installing the prior posted shock with rave reviews.
I need a shock for sure and was tempted to buy the 1200 lbs shock but found one on amazon that looked like a direct fit and the same length as the stock.
All I wanted to do was try something different and try other available options.

https://www.amazon.com/TDPRO-310mm-A...omotive&sr=1-1

The shock is a direct fit as well as adjustable So far about 200 miles with it on road and rough dirt roads and it feels great
I adjusted the stock preload up a half inch but will probably bring it down 1/4 inch. The shock handles my 240 lbs well and does not feel bouncy in any riding condition. It does however lack the adjustable rebound damping the other shock has. As of yet I have not needed that option.

Has anyone else tried this shock? Are there opinions with usage and longevity?

Old 08-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
It would be nice to know who made your Ka-boing, Ka-boing shock. The reason I ask is because when I enquired of the various firms selling these things, that they had no model named Ka-boing Ka-boing anywhere in their data base. Maybe you can help me out?...ARH
It’s the same shock as MegaDan and OneLegged. I remember from the long conversation about F-S that no one can figure out fast slow or firm soft.

I’m going to try and use a bicycle pump on it at some point. It’s getting to where it likes to let the rear tire skip down the road after bumps. I started out on 3 clicks from F but run full F now.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 08-12-2019, 11:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondHandHawk View Post
Hello all.
My rear shock was so weak just my 240 lbs would bottom out the shock before I even started the engine.
I have seen tons of post with riders installing the prior posted shock with rave reviews.
I need a shock for sure and was tempted to buy the 1200 lbs shock but found one on amazon that looked like a direct fit and the same length as the stock.
All I wanted to do was try something different and try other available options.

https://www.amazon.com/TDPRO-310mm-A...omotive&sr=1-1

The shock is a direct fit as well as adjustable So far about 200 miles with it on road and rough dirt roads and it feels great
I adjusted the stock preload up a half inch but will probably bring it down 1/4 inch. The shock handles my 240 lbs well and does not feel bouncy in any riding condition. It does however lack the adjustable rebound damping the other shock has. As of yet I have not needed that option.

Has anyone else tried this shock? Are there opinions with usage and longevity?
That shock looks like the stock one that came on my TBR but with a different single rate spring ?, the welds , the color, the eyelets the adjustment nuts everything ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stock tbr shock IMG_20190622_121230745.jpg (86.0 KB, 350 views)

Old 08-13-2019, 02:14 AM   #21

I too, need a rear shock. The Bashan BSR's shock is 300mm/~320mm extended.

It bounces like a pogo stick with no shock absorption...

I wonder if the shock is broke to begin with...

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Old 08-13-2019, 02:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipToothy View Post
It’s the same shock as MegaDan and OneLegged. I remember from the long conversation about F-S that no one can figure out fast slow or firm soft.

I’m going to try and use a bicycle pump on it at some point. It’s getting to where it likes to let the rear tire skip down the road after bumps. I started out on 3 clicks from F but run full F now.

F = fast return.... less damping...
S = slow return.... more damping...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 08-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
F = fast return.... less damping...
S = slow return.... more damping...

I was thinking that F would be firm and S would be soft but your explanation makes good sense, thanks for a different perspective.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #24

Well on my particular shock F means firm and more damping. I know because I've played with it and it feels like the rear suspension is almost froze up on the F. 3 clicks back seems to be the sweet spot and Dan concurs.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:03 AM   #25

Possibly the best way to find out for sure is remove the spring..
then just pull it in / out trying different damping settings...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 08-19-2019, 06:06 PM   #26

Does anyone know if we can air these shocks up with a bicycle floor pump or gas station hose? I'm not trying to pay the KTM place for anything I don't have to
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 08-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #27

Bump..

Old 08-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #28

Well Jay has decided he wants a new shock and a LED headlight for the TBR7. He's tired of bouncing down the road and not being able to see anything at night.

Paulstag says they eyelets are 304mm center to center, can anyone else confirm?

And I know it takes a different style headlight bulb that is used in some ATVs. I'll have to look it up to see what it is.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Well Jay has decided he wants a new shock and a LED headlight for the TBR7. He's tired of bouncing down the road and not being able to see anything at night.

Paulstag says they eyelets are 304mm center to center, can anyone else confirm?

And I know it takes a different style headlight bulb that is used in some ATVs. I'll have to look it up to see what it is.
the stock bulbis a H6M 25w/25w halogen. i fitted an led bulb but it has the exact opposite pattern to the stock bulb. I don't ride at night so cannot confirm better or worse but i would imagine worse. Megadan posted a link to a led bulb but it seems like you have to make your own connections but does seem like it would be better than the one i used.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #30

Just installed a new shock on the Hawk. If you haven’t already done so DO IT. What a world of difference. It’s like a new bike. Now the front forks suck. Gonna follow Megadan and install cartridge emulators soon.

I should have made this the first mod why did I wait.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!