Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
the color at the least tells the difference between the different plugs that are on it..
I guess that depends on where you buy them, here's what GIO has ( there is a blue in the large and small and they have different plugs)

http://www.giobikes.com/Performance-...rchPhrase=1073

http://www.giobikes.com/Performance-...rchPhrase=1073

Hey mizke, i see you have a bid in on GIO, that is not the CDI for your 200cc, you need the one beside it that says Performance NO REV Racing CDI LG, not the SM one.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #17

oh ok, ya i need to email them again then.. i had just sent them one that asked about the plugs.. i will do another contact to them

thanks dude

hey how do i do a bid retraction ? do i have to just contact them and tell them the situation ?

didnt even notice that, i did it real quick while taking a break from fabbing a new muffler mount for my fmf

Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #18

Yes it is the right cdi. I have both cdi's one for my x31 and one for T1. There is no way you can mess that cause the harness dictates what it will fit plus Gio has them marked fairly well on their site. I submitted a ticket to Gio and I thought he would just send one cause this one is faulty but they still want me to pay the shipping and handling. Well I'll take it as lesson learnt, My boys quad runs amazing without the cdi and Im not ready to pay for shipping again-I guess thats the only downside with Gio.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #19

well despite the shipping at the least they are willing to just send you a new one on your word that it does not work.. id tell them that they need to make it right by paying for the shipping, that they sold a defective unit and its not fair to ask you to pay for shipping again.. then say if they cant make this right then there is no way you could stand behind them as a company and will not buy from them again nor tell any one to buy from them. as well tell you belong to a few chinese atv forums and will make a thread about this situation..

Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #20

If you're stuck with it, you could always flip it on eBay. You might take a bit of a loss, but being able to shop at Gio is a benefit. I wouldn't want to be banned over something like this.

Not saying they would ban you, but they tend to take a hard line approach once you've entered a bid. They've done whatever it took to make things right for me if it was their mistake.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #21

Thanks Mizke, Well Im going to try.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #22

just be nice about it, alot of people come off in a bad way and only get met with a brick wall attitude..

i myself put a bid in on the wrong cdi, and have emailed them saying yes it was my fault but i thought that i was bidding on the cdi for the 200cc gio beast, and asking if i can either sub cdi for the beast for the mini cdi i bid on, or cancel my bid on the mini cdi so i can bid on the correct one..

Old 08-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #23

Quote:
just be nice about it, alot of people come off in a bad way and only get met with a brick wall attitude..

i myself put a bid in on the wrong cdi, and have emailed them saying yes it was my fault but i thought that i was bidding on the cdi for the 200cc gio beast, and asking if i can either sub cdi for the beast for the mini cdi i bid on, or cancel my bid on the mini cdi so i can bid on the correct one..
Haha.. .good luck with that.

I went to enter a bid on their site once, and hit the enter key instead of clicking the 'bid' button. Assuming the enter key would log the bid into where I wanted it.. noo, it autobid on the next ending auction, which was for a 200cc Beast quad! (700 bucks at the time)

I emailed them said "geeze, I hit enter instead of clicking bid now and it logged the bid on the wrong item" .. My response was,
"Sorry, we cannot change it, please bid responsibly."

I was pretty choked at the time. I'm an honest person and really didn't know hitting enter wouldn't accept the data from the box I typed something into.

That thing sat in my 'won' items list for months. :oops:

At least yours is a small dollar item, easily re-sellable. You could probably flip it here eventually.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 AM   #24

got lucky and had some one out bid in the last few minutes

then sat here watching the correct cdi count down from 3 minutes with no bids at all.. i should have bid at the 20 second mark and gotten for 2 bucks plus shipping..

ive put a bid in on the correct cdi, i think the best way to win bids is to find what you want with a bid ending late at night..

did gio ban you or anything like that for not paying for it ? did they even email you or something ?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 AM   #25

Quote:
got lucky and had some one out bid in the last few minutes

then sat here watching the correct cdi count down from 3 minutes with no bids at all.. i should have bid at the 20 second mark and gotten for 2 bucks plus shipping..

ive put a bid in on the correct cdi, i think the best way to win bids is to find what you want with a bid ending late at night..

did gio ban you or anything like that for not paying for it ? did they even email you or something ?
No, they did not ban me.

The best way I can put it is I spent a whole pile of money with Gio before that, and after that. (Maybe not as much as Waynev though!! ) I'd spoken with John at Gio quite a lot on various things so I wasn't unknown.

I'm an honest person and always paid for what I ordered and bid on, and had a history of it. I think if I was a new member and not paid for a 700 bid I'd been turfed, but since I emailed him right away and told him what happened combined with my history of paying it slid.

I honestly tried to sell the thing privately on craigslist before I even had it so I could pay for it and flip it, but I never had any interest and just let it go.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #26

good deal, i had told him that a buddy of chinariders.net had seen my bid on that cdi and had messaged me letting me know i had accidently placed a bid on a cdi that would not work with my quad.. but like i said i got lucky and some one out bid me..

still kicking my self for not getting that cdi for 2 bucks, just watched the time count down..

Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 AM   #27

Quote:
good deal, i had told him that a buddy of chinariders.net had seen my bid on that cdi and had messaged me letting me know i had accidently placed a bid on a cdi that would not work with my quad.. but like i said i got lucky and some one out bid me..

still kicking my self for not getting that cdi for 2 bucks, just watched the time count down..
You should be able to get another for that. Although I find as soon as you bid, someone else magically appears too.

Have you double checked to make sure they can ship to you in the US? Parts that is?

Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 AM   #28

in their shipping "how long does it take" they state delivery times to the us.. and the only time ive read a review about some one not getting their stuff. it was a order for a scooter, atv or dirt bike and it was held up at customs and returned to sender..

shouldnt be a problem tho cuz i can order this cdi from hong kong, just dont want to wait 15 days for it..

Old 08-13-2010, 02:36 AM   #29

Quote:
in their shipping "how long does it take" they state delivery times to the us.. and the only time ive read a review about some one not getting their stuff. it was a order for a scooter, atv or dirt bike and it was held up at customs and returned to sender..

shouldnt be a problem tho cuz i can order this cdi from hong kong, just dont want to wait 15 days for it..
Well I know when I get things out of the US it's pretty slow going through customs, so hopefully it gets to you quicker. I usually have my Gio orders within 2-3 days, but I'm honestly a half hour drive away from them.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:05 AM   #30

well the gold cdi from gio is a no go, after exchanging a few emails with john and sending him a picture of the cdi off ebay that shows the connection i need (square edged plug) he said they do not stock the gold cdi with that type of plug on it.. sucks monkey balls as my only other option is to pay 50 bucks for it off ebay from a jerk of a seller who got pissy and told me the emails needed to stop after i had exchanged a few emails trying to make sure that the cdi would work with my quad..