Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #16

working long hard hours for little pay, then having saved up enough for soemthing you want and going to get it.. having that feeling that "i" paid for this with my own money..

i went with a friend of mine to pick her oldest daughter up from lake travis high school..

now my car is nice, but in the student parking lot there are cars ranging from land rovers, benz, bmw, and one 16yr old kid had a fully loaded 2010 mustang cobra that was lowered on steeda coil overs, basani full exhaust ( that exhaust is just over a grand), 2 15in subs pushing 1100w each with 3 screens, one in the dash and 2 on the back of the head rests..

his daddy asked him on his 16th birthday what car he wants, he said a 2010 cobra. they went that day and ordered it from ford. then daddy gave him 10 grand to add parts to it.. so they got car in a week later, then it went to the shop for 2 weeks getting all the "extra stuff on it "

also a few of those kids parents own 42ft and larger baja and fountain boats.. youtube those names and you will see they are bad ass cigar boats same kind drug smugglers use.. who let their teenage kids take them out on the lake on the weekends with out the parents.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #17

We lived on the outskirts of town and we would spend many weekends backpacking thru farms. We would just pick a stream or direction and go. There is a nice 7000 conservation area near my house and I take my son there to do a little day hike once or twice a month, and we go to Colorado every summer, but I feel sorry for him that he doesn't have the ability to just go out and explore like we did when we were kids.

When I was in my young teens my friends and I would ride our bicycles 50 miles out to a couple different state parks for the weekend. To go to one park we would have to ride our bikes on the interstate shoulder for 5 miles and nobody ever said anything. Heck we would even have our packs filled with cheap booze. Today law enforment would stop a few young teenagers riding the bike on the shoulder and then you would get thrown in jail for having $1.59 bottles of cheap wine.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
working long hard hours for little pay, then having saved up enough for soemthing you want and going to get it.. having that feeling that "i" paid for this with my own money..

i went with a friend of mine to pick her oldest daughter up from lake travis high school..

now my car is nice, but in the student parking lot there are cars ranging from land rovers, benz, bmw, and one 16yr old kid had a fully loaded 2010 mustang cobra that was lowered on steeda coil overs, basani full exhaust ( that exhaust is just over a grand), 2 15in subs pushing 1100w each with 3 screens, one in the dash and 2 on the back of the head rests..

his daddy asked him on his 16th birthday what car he wants, he said a 2010 cobra. they went that day and ordered it from ford. then daddy gave him 10 grand to add parts to it.. so they got car in a week later, then it went to the shop for 2 weeks getting all the "extra stuff on it "

also a few of those kids parents own 42ft and larger baja and fountain boats.. youtube those names and you will see they are bad ass cigar boats same kind drug smugglers use.. who let their teenage kids take them out on the lake on the weekends with out the parents.
That dad is going to screw up his kid for life. Barring a miricle, the kid has no chance to succeed on his own if he's treated like that.

Moron.

I don't care HOW much money a person has, you can't buy class or integrity.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #19

A few things come to mind:

- Riding in cars with no seatbelts
- Riding in the back of a pickup
- Respecting property owners when riding your dirt bike/ATC (Note to self - buy gun)
- ATC's (Yeah, you heard me 4 wheeler punks!)
- Kick start motorcycles
- 2 Strokes

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 08-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke

That dad is going to screw up his kid for life. Barring a miricle, the kid has no chance to succeed on his own if he's treated like that.

Moron.

I don't care HOW much money a person has, you can't buy class or integrity.
thats how i feel but thing is.. NO TEEN SHOULD EVER HAVE A 500RWHP 550RWT car. that is tooo much motor for some one how has less then 5yrs of driving under their belt.. that kid tore off down the high like a bat outta hell in traffic, pass in the middle turn lane, whipping into and out of cars.. its like i told kims daughter.. "its not that your mom does not trust you when you drive, its that you do not have the experience to make split second judgment calls and gauge distance at speed.. that stuff takes years to learn"..

me and my gf have talked and should we ever have kids they will not get their dl untill they are 17.. at 18 we will buy them a car and it will be barely running rust bucket that needs work so they will have to learn how to turn a wrench.. when they turn 20 if they want a newer car we will match them what they have to put down and it will be in their name and they will make the payments. after that, were done..

i did not get my drivers license untill i was 17, thank god.. my first car was a 93 fox body gt, way to much motor for me. i was racing everything in sight, doing dounuts and burnouts, actting seriously stupid untill i wrecked it doing a dounut the rear end slapped a curb and bent the rear axle and broke some stuff.. when i told my parents what happened and asked for help.. they said sure we will help you out.. they cut my license up, gave me the money to fix the car and the day after it was fixed.. it was sold.. took a year for me to pay them back and save up enough to get another car.. once i paid them back they took me to go get a new drivers license..

Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #21

btw guys a fully loaded 2010 cobra is 55,000 - 60,000, plus the money his daddy gave him he had a 65,000-70,000 dollar mustang..

Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #22

My first car was a 100HP Fiat 131 Brava/Mirafiori. In it's day it was hot stuff and I caused more than my share of trouble in that car. If I had 500HP I'd be dead.

MY LORD I MISS THAT CAR.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #23

my dad was smart when i got the fox body, the one and only thing aftermarket he paid for was a set of sparco bucket racing seats and sparco 5 point harness's with a sparco harness bar.. the harness bar stops spinal compression in a accident that is caused with most racing harness's

i told him dad im not going to be drivng and racing, the seat belts work fine.. he laughed and said bull shit, you are going to drive how i did.. think he had a nova when he was a teenager..

Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #24

My first car was a 1987 Hyundai Excel and man did drive the crap out of it for 5 years, 6 sets of front tires, backs were still original, a clutch and a set of brakes is all i ever did to that poor car, was happy that it had a mikuni carb though, lol. It took me awhile, but i finally figured why i kept going thru front tires so fast, antics like this helped.

Yeah you used to be able to do this on the backroads without getting in trouble back then.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #25

and now days they have tired that blow red smoke when you do burn outs

Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #26

This was almost like my first car. I don't have a pic of it here. Heck it was 20 years before digital cameras!

A 131 Rally. Mine was blue, without the decals, and it had bumpers but you get the idea:

Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #27

Fast Doc is right as usual.
A girl that grew up across the street from me got a brand new 81 or 82 Trans Am when she turned 16. A buddy of mine from work that was older than me said "From now on every car she gets will be a dissapointment for her" " Nothing will be better than a new Trans Am"
I went thru a few cars before I ever bought a new one. But each one was a little better than the one before.
So I guess some things havent changed.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #28

AH HA thought of a couple

A real Twinkie or Hostess fruit pie......The ones they make nowadays are so over processed and cheaply made they taste like dung. Soda that actually tastes right without this Corn Syrup garbage. TRUE HONEST Kentucky Fried Chicken.....I miss the good stuff.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #29

real cartoons

black and white tom and jerry
old school scooby doo
anamanics

to name a few

Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #30

Dial phones
Postal zones(In the US, anyway)
Operator assisted long distance calls
The smell of Coleman fuel and coffee in the morning(I just learned that the Boy Scouts are not allowed to use liquid fueled stoves anymore)
Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans(Remember when Roy and Dale sang 'Happy Trails' on SNL. I don't think anyone over 30 had a dry eye)
Walter Cronkite
Good Night, Chet. Good Night, David
AMC Gremlins and Javelins
Jeep Wagoneers
IH Pickups.
Dilly bars as big as your face.
Coke and Pepsi were a treat, not a staple.
Burger Chef
I could go on.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts