Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
...I'm starting to lean towards picking up a set of knobbies for my killer, that mud you were in would have had me on my side faster than you could blink with my Slipsters on ...
Try the Kenda, K760 tire on the rear wheel, Stew! The K760 handles the pavement very well on my BRP, even at 85 mph. Off road, the K760 will never let you down; it's a great tire, at a great price. I get my K760 tires from Rocky Mountain ATV; I think I paid $38 for this last tire, with free shipping!

Spud
Wow! Those 760's are wicked looking! Have you ever had a problem with them chunking on the pavement? I was thinking more of the K270's since I use my bike for commuting to work (90 kms round trip). I don't imagine the K270's would be nearly as good as the K760's off road though? It's tricky to find a good trade off... I went with the Gripsters since I was mostly street and gravel roads but now trails tempt me...

Cheers,
Stew

Old 11-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Wow! Those 760's are wicked looking! Have you ever had a problem with them chunking on the pavement? I was thinking more of the K270's since I use my bike for commuting to work (90 kms round trip). I don't imagine the K270's would be nearly as good as the K760's off road though? It's tricky to find a good trade off... I went with the Gripsters since I was mostly street and gravel roads but now trails tempt me...

Cheers,
Stew
No, I have never had a problem with the K760 tire chunking tread on me. However, I am light on the throttle, and I scuff the tire up on the street for about 25 miles before I hit the rocky trails in Idaho.

The K760 rear tire does a very good job on the street. However, as with any aggressive, knobby tire, apply the rear brake lightly to prevent the rear wheel from locking up.

As well as the K760 rear tire performs on the street, I'm sure the K270 tires are even better on the pavement. I have never tried the K760 front tire; it gets mixed reviews. I'm not sure I trust the braking power, or the handling of the K760 front tire, especially for a large displacement, heavy motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #18

Hmmm... Might just have to try one of those next time around . What are you running for a front on the BRP? It looks like a good knobby as well. -25 here again this morning so I have to content myself with dreaming about riding .

Cheers,
Stew

Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Hmmm... Might just have to try one of those next time around . What are you running for a front on the BRP? It looks like a good knobby as well. -25 here again this morning so I have to content myself with dreaming about riding .

Cheers,
Stew
My front tire is a Dunlop D603F, Stew. I have been pleasantly surprised to discover how well this tire has performed on snow, ice, and mud. I would seriously consider buying this tire again, but I can't find one for sale in the United States.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894