Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
If you do run the engine during the winter, be sure to run it long enough so the oil gets hot enough to burn off any condensation that collects inside the block and oil.
15min? 30min? I see tons of info on this topic, and a lot of debate.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopsweat View Post
15min? 30min? I see tons of info on this topic, and a lot of debate.
time to reach operating temp is going to vary depending on how cold it is, whether or not there is wind, are you riding it, etc.

Old 12-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #18

just let it run for 1/2 hour,you'll be fine. Do this all of the time and no problems

Old 12-04-2021, 09:22 PM   #19

Reversed breather lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDude View Post
It may have been on it's side during shipping, look for oil or fuel in the airbox. That happened to mine. Also You should call CSC they helped me and my buddy with issues when they first arrived. His had a vacuum line reversed that created a vacuum in the tank so the fuel wouldn't flow. Try starting with the fuel cap cracked to see if it's the vacuum line issue. But CSC will definitely help you get it going.
Agree. I know he got it started, but the lines that are reversed on some go to the charcoal canister that sits in front of the engine. The canister is marked, so it’s easy to verify. Mine would die after a few miles and the issue didn’t happen on the first few rides for some reason. CSC was very helpful. 500 miles and no issues since. Highly recommend the jet kit and the 47 tooth sprocket.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #20

Interesting about the reversed lines. I probably put a whopping 10 miles on it this weekend just around my neighborhood. Boy did that need a solid warming up before I could walk away from it at about 35deg, it fired up immediately but I had to hold it around 4k rpm for 2min with full choke, then another 2min at 4k with half choke, then another 1-2min with no choke and holding around 2k.

UPDATE: I addressed this in a different thread, but in case someone else comes across this one, I also had the reversed hoses at the canister. Dead giveaway was a whooshing sound of air sucking into the gas tank when the cap was opened. Swapped the lines at the canister and 150mi later the issue appears to be fixed.

Last edited by flopsweat; 03-21-2022 at 04:12 PM.