Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
There is a new Optometry mini-chain in California that does your eye exam and two pair of glasses for $59.95.

The place I go to is like one of those. They make these specials and then opps, you're special. That'll be $599.99 please.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #17

Dang Ben!

I don't ever know what to sat with these things.

The insurance stuff angers me. I've been through that ringer way too many times now. My wife has become an expert at navigating the system, but even she has noticed a shift to the worse in how these companies will work with her.

I had the same issues with my eyes and got my first glasses around 40. It was nice to see clearly again for a while, but the expense and fragility finally pushed me to get correction surgery (laser based, but I can't recall the name). Best decision ever!
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 07-22-2018, 12:22 AM   #18

Well, good news and not so good news. I saw my agent Friday as planned. Insurance agent called and had a word with my health insurance company. The issue was "Vasectomy will be performed during the testicular reinforcement procedure". That was what got me. My insurance will cover me if I make the surgeries two separate events. One for the reinforcement and one for the vasectomy. Here are the catch and the possible gotcha. I prepay for and have my vasectomy, while at the same time they do the reinforcement procedure. Then my doctor can file the procedure with my insurance. By paying up front for my vasectomy, they can't deny my claim because I can show proof it was paid for before my reinforcement surgery.

Now here is the not so good news. My vasectomy will cost $1695. That is total cost, not just the surgery. Here is a breakdown. There is the initial doctor's consultation that is highly recommended a week before the procedure, the actual procedure (vasectomy), a three-month sperm count specimen, and then a follow up a week after the sperm count specimen to make sure the procedure was a success. Now I am way better off than before. I can sell a bike or two to cover the cost. I just don't want to make this two surgeries unless I have to.

Disability doesn't pay. I got knocked out of $400 a month on my check and six years back pay when I was "awarded" my disability 10 years ago. I have been having health problems since I was born. I struggled to make it in the working world, while paying in for disability, to be awarded what I was paying for. Then have everything cut down. I digress though, another story for another time. It's quite the long one.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #19

Good news that the reinforcement will be covered.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Good news that the reinforcement will be covered.
Yes, it is.