Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2017, 12:43 AM   #1

I've thought for a long time about having an extension made to slope from the skid plate to the center stand hinge to help me get over some of the taller stuff. I've had 3 occasions where I've gotten high centered. But those were all in very extreme environments.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #2

Eness, if you've noticed postings here and on other forums about how well the RX3 deals with dirt lay-downs, you might understand that as long as there is less than 2/3 tank of fuel, the bike can be laid on the "Protection" bars and the wheels easily removed for repair/service.

So the tabs for the center stand *could* be removed if one so chose.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #3

Since the center stand lifts the front, and I have the original style that isn't practical for an individual to use alone because it is a really good example of poor engineering, I fashioned a piece of broom handle to go under the swing arm just in front of the axle on the right side, and support the right side while the side stand supports the left side. I have been thinking through a few ideas to use the same piece of broom handle to hold the front up while on the center stand, and the center stand will then be tossed--it simply won't be needed. Really, I felt such a poorly functioning accessory was more of rip off than anything else.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #4

Actually the centerstand on my bike is right at the balance point of the bike when I have the Tourfella luggage removed. It will sit on the front or rear. When I pull the wheel it put enough weight to hold solid on the other wheel but no so much that I can't easily pull the bike down to align the axle. I've also thought of things like cutting down an aluminum leg of a crutch...one ones that are adjustable and set it up to be the other side of a center stand. but for now I'll just stay with the the stock one unless I start riding more rugged stuff "again".