Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2019, 01:41 AM   #16

Hey Tom, Ive got the new TBR7 with the rear disk brake a few weeks ago and I'm living in the Dayton area.
Its a bit far but I'm setting mine up for some distance riding on country roads. The plan is to do some motorcycle camping thats a good days ride from home,(200-400mi range). The bike is comfortable and with the 17 tooth sprocket up front (and a 40t in back which I just ordered)
the bike will cruse along at 55-60 with ease.
My inseam is 32" and my feet are just able to go flat on the ground. My buddy with 30" inseam is touching his toes with them bent so you may not need too much adjustment. The rear shock has a good bit of travel, so with some extra gear (weight) it could lower the shock just enough. If you don't mind a softer ride you could try adjusting the rear shock to give the spring less compression (more travel). If this works for you it could save a few bucks.

For your safety, I'd like to tell you about something I discovered. If this is common knowledge that will be great! Their is a large cluster of wires gathered together below the speedometer that hides a problem waiting to happen. You will notice several multi wire plugs that are protected in a black rubber cover. Remove the wire cover in a way that it can be reinstalled with the addition of zip ties. Locate the left and right front turn signal wire connections (two sets). Notice the loose fitting clear plastic protective covers over each + and - wire connection. Use electrical tape to ensure that these plastic covers do not move from there intended location protecting the
+ and - turn signal wires from making contact with each other. The current design will not ensure these wires do not touch each other when vibration and steering movements cause the protective covers to move out of place. If or when this eventually happens the wires will touch each other and short the main fuse. Any replacement fuse will blow instantly until this problem is fixed.
While the rear turn signal connections need the same fix, they are not mounted in a way that makes them quite as vulnerable to failure.
This issue could be the same on the Hawk 250 or any bike that has the same wiring design as the TBR7. I have contacted TX power sports, were I got my bike, in the hope that they would pass along the fix to this potentially dangerous flaw. When I spoke to them 3 weeks ago they were unaware of the problem. Im not expecting recall or fix it letters from them, so thanks to this site, we have a way to look out for each other.

One of the things I like about this bike is that problems like this are easy to find and easy to fix!

Old 08-27-2019, 01:45 AM   #17

When I say remove the wire cover Im referring to the black rubber cover protecting all the wire plug connections.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #18

Hey Vincent, so glad to hear from you. Once I get the bike n get accustomed to riding again I’d be happy to try n meet for a ride n maybe camp.A real big thanks for the good idea about the turn signals.... I will definitely make sure to get in there and get that taken care of. I too plan to get one from txpowersports. I’m really pumped about getting this bike... I need a getaway from time to time and wanna just be able to go almost where I want. I’m hoping to order it by Friday

Old 09-01-2019, 01:02 PM   #19

Ordered

I ordered my TBR seven Yesterday from Txpowersports. Not sure exactly when it'll get here with the holiday and all. But will definitely keep you posted.

Tags
ohio, tbr7