Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2020, 09:45 PM   #16

All in the pilot jet and screw mixture, adjusted valves also helps.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Ha! Mine kicked back once and I felt it for a few days. lol
first time i tried starting my Kawi F11 250 smoker, i had the ignition plate out to completely rewire it (all the wiring was falling apart on that thing...LOL) Aparrently i placed the timing plate a bit to far advanced....i was sure i had broken my ankle/metatarsals in my right foot... first and last time i ever tried starting a smoker with tennis shoes on...

Old 07-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #18

Today I was doing a bit of tinkering with the bike, adjusting chain, etc. Ran plug chops at idle and 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and both were perfect. Compression was 150 psi, and I figured if it was ever going to kick start, it would do it now. It was not cooled all the way down, but close. Kicked right over first try.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:21 AM   #19

I learned kickstarting on my pre-electronics, horrible Russian carburetors Ural. They are cantankerous bastards you have to often *at least* buy flowers for to get to even start on most days. Those are meant to be kicked over with a crank load of frozen 30w in the Siberian winter.

It helps to kick it over once or twice slowly to draw a little fuel up. Then give it a quarter or so throttle, and put some ass into it. More than 2 or 3 kicks without at least a fart will flood it and make kicking harder. If that happens, wait a minute or 3 and try again.

I've just about gotten my TT250 down to a science where I can kick it over every time but when it's stone cold.