Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #2551

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Any one here how many RX3 have been made/sold through out the world? rj
That's a good question. I don't know the answer, but I bet quite a few RX3 bikes have been sold worldwide, and more will continue to be sold. I never heard back from Dobeck Performance, but I think they could sell a lot of EJK kits for this motorcycle worldwide.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-16-2015, 01:07 AM   #2552

I was watching Motogeo's latest ride video on YouTube ( ) and they did a quick drive past the CSC shop in Azusa!

They must have liked the Mustangs because they did two passes at 7:15. And if you look closely at 7:19, you can see the RX3 in the background.

Jamie Robinson at Motogeo makes some exceptional videos of adventure riding around the world that are worth a look (his trip to Colombia may be my favorite). He reviews bikes too. Would be awesome if he did a piece on the RX3.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 03-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #2553

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
Hey lads. I have one question.

What is the dimension of the supplied top box? Can it fit inside a Kriega US30?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #2554

Here you go...

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=14993

Old 03-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #2555

The Hanjin Germany has arrived! http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?m=201503

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #2556

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
Thank you Joe.

Comparing it to Kriega US30 dimensions, I would say that the stock top box will barely fit inside the bag.

I'll know the verdict once I get the bike tomorrow. Soo excited!

But gotta catch a ride first with my friendly neighbour in his van to the dealer, which is some 200km away from where I stay and work.

I'll post up the details of my luggage setup, which includes a US30, US10, R25, an off-the-shelf 23-litre drybag, and good ol' Rokstraps.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #2557

crated weight?

What is crated weight of the US Rx3? Want to know so when it shows up how easy it is to slide crate around on cement floor while assembling it. Cramped for room.
Is the Germany any where near the Queen Mary exhibit? I think it's in the same LB harbor .Thanks, rj

Old 03-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #2558

Get 3-4 pipes 1/2 or 3/4 or even some broom handles to get under the crate. One person can handle 1000 lbs that way.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #2559

Not Today, But March 24th

Folks, Joe from CSC here.

Things have been going extremely well with everything that’s been occurring with the RX3 motorcycle, and our customers (you folks) have been giving us high marks for keeping everybody up to date on all developments. We’ve been worried about the first time we stumbled, knowing that sooner or later we’d make a mistake on something.

Well, today was that day, and the “we” was me.

After tracking the Hanjin Germany doggedly for the last couple of weeks, and confirming that our containers made it to Shanghai and onto the Germany, we found out today that our bikes didn’t make that shipment. I could make all kinds of excuses, but I won’t. The information I had was for the RX3 parts and accessories containers. The shipping agent misunderstood what I was asking when I asked about the shipment, and I didn’t realize they were talking about containers other than those that contained the motorcycles.

So, with a heartfelt apology, I have to tell you that the bikes did not arrive today. They are currently scheduled to arrive in Long Beach on March 24th. They made it to Shanghai 3 days before the Germany left, but they didn’t get on the Germany. The motorcycles didn’t leave until 8 days later on the Xian Fei Zhou, another ship.

Again, my apologies, and we’ll keep you posted. One thing you can count on: We’ll give you the truth all the time, even when we drop the ball.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:38 PM   #2560

Uncrating: What's involved?

I'm OK with the bikes on a different ship. Stuff happens. At least it seems containers are moving through the port. And I still enjoyed Spud's tour of the Aleutians.

But what's going to involved in uncrating? I was planning on having the crate dropped in my driveway -- no garage -- and maybe getting a buddy to help bust it out and set it up with the front wheel. Is this realistic?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #2561

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
I'm OK with the bikes on a different ship. Stuff happens. At least it seems containers are moving through the port. And I still enjoyed Spud's tour of the Aleutians.

But what's going to involved in uncrating? I was planning on having the crate dropped in my driveway -- no garage -- and maybe getting a buddy to help bust it out and set it up with the front wheel. Is this realistic?

It's realistic. Would you like us to post a setup tutorial on the CSC blog?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #2562

Thanks for letting us know Joe!

It will be interesting to see how fast those parts containers make it to the CSC warehouse.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #2563

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
What is crated weight of the US Rx3?
Also, what are the crate dimensions? I wonder if I should get a roller dolly like this one to maneuver it in my one-car garage.

About the delivery date, no one is more disappointed that me, but even if we knew the right date two weeks ago, it wouldn't be here any faster. Thanks for being up front about it.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Also, what are the crate dimensions? I wonder if I should get a roller dolly like this one to maneuver it in my one-car garage.

About the delivery date, no one is more disappointed that me, but even if we knew the right date two weeks ago, it wouldn't be here any faster. Thanks for being up front about it.
I don't have the crate dimensions or weight here, but I'll see if can get them at the plant tomorrow.

In the meantime, this video gives you an idea of the crate size...

Old 03-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #2565

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
It's realistic. Would you like us to post a setup tutorial on the CSC blog?
Yes please.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L