Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2016, 11:40 PM   #196

Accountants are worth every penny

Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #197

What did I buy today? I bought a box of Hornady 17gr. VMAX 17HMR rounds for 15.99. Then I took them and my Savage 93R17 in cryptic camo outfitted with an illuminated reticle scope with a high powered remote operated green LED light over to the Dairy Farm to try and save a Calf or two. I just got home from sending one of these Calf eating Vermin to tha UPPA ROOOOOOM!!

Old 12-02-2016, 12:27 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
far out, man, i want one too! are you going to emulate an old school scrambler?
You guys are lucky, you can get an SWM Gran Milano or Silver Vase.

I am going to leave it pretty much stock I believe. Maybe add a bash plate. I just ordered up some new clutch/brake levers. Might add a luggage rack and windscreen. Heated grips would be nice too.

Tomorrow I may take some old plastic fenders and see about a high mount front and maybe look at the back. If things look good, maybe new fenders and gators.
Be a Piggy!

Old 12-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
What did I buy today? I bought a box of Hornady 17gr. VMAX 17HMR rounds for 15.99. Then I took them and my Savage 93R17 in cryptic camo outfitted with an illuminated reticle scope with a high powered remote operated green LED light over to the Dairy Farm to try and save a Calf or two. I just got home from sending one of these Calf eating Vermin to tha UPPA ROOOOOOM!!
Nice job! Open season, no bag limit!

It's hard for folks to understand if they've never lost any property to these varmints. Here in CA, we have "border jumpers" that live on the edge of town, especially in So Cal. They run the fence lines at night between backyards looking for Grandma to let out Fifi to pee before bedtime. No more Fifi.

Up here where it's far more rural, the packs will send in one decoy to play with your Labrador....and draw it out into the field where the pack waits. They're very good hunters. Cunning as the day is long.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #200

I couldn't, for the life of me, edit this double post yesterday. Sometimes the "save" button just doesn't show up!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 12-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

It's hard for folks to understand if they've never lost any property to these varmints. Here in CA, we have "border jumpers" that live on the edge of town, especially in So Cal. They run the fence lines at night between backyards looking for Grandma to let out Fifi to pee before bedtime. No more Fifi.

Up here where it's far more rural, the packs will send in one decoy to play with your Labrador....and draw it out into the field where the pack waits. They're very good hunters. Cunning as the day is long.
Will even breed with wolves , best of both worlds evolved. Google it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #202

Yes, they are VERY smart. Folks may think at night its easy, (well maybe it would be if I wasn't limited by the regs to what rifle I can use at night) but when you have a useful deadly range of about 100 yards, it gets tough. You have to hunt the wind and set up just right or they will make you before you make them. This one came flying it to about 60 yards before it knew something wasn't right. By then it was too late. The Dairy farmer welcomes a few of us to come over and do what we can. He loses quite a few calves to these things. Last night when we set the locator off there were 3 packs that sounded off around that farm. We have some traps coming to try to bag a few more.

Quote:
Will even breed with wolves , best of both worlds evolved. Google it.
I have heard that. There is also reports of them breeding with Feral dogs here making them BIG. I have an Alpha on the trail cam that HAS to be 40 pounds. He is Numero UNO on the dead pool list. But this guy is not DUMB!

Old 12-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #203

Remote operated. Zero it, watch the trail cam and push go when he lines up. I know nothing about nothing and can prove it.

I know there are those who only think you can shoot to eat, but I know that there is satisfaction removing vermin. Are you going to save the pelt? I suppose if you had some cheap diner close, they may cook it up.

My brother is dealing with some large red fox. Beautiful animals, but he has lost almost all his chickens to them. Yet they won't get the rabbits which chew his garden.
Be a Piggy!

Old 12-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #204

Must....stay.....off....of....Amazon. Mrs. 2LZ keeps scoring more Christmas stuff.....
Dang it..........

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

They run the fence lines at night between backyards, on top of the fence rails, looking for Grandma to let out Fifi to pee before bedtime. No more Fifi.
Good job. They can be and are devastating to livestock.
We have a pack running along the river here (15 miles from down-town Nashville). Seen them out in the evenings chasing deer and hear them yapping frequently. Have to watch the small dogs and cats for sure.
I have a varminter coming my way for Christmas...Hornet. I like "odd".
Bill R

Old 12-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #206

Quote:
Are you going to save the pelt?
No, I don't save the Pelts the market just isn't worth it. I just hunt them to help farmers in my community. If and when I get a big male I will do a full body mount on it.
Quote:
Have to watch the small dogs and cats for sure.
I have a varminter coming my way for Christmas...Hornet. I like "odd".
Yes last year my little Chiweenie dog come flying out of the woods and was making a beeline to the front door with sheer fear in her eyes, and right on her heels was a Yote. It didn't break chase until about 50 feet from the porch. I was standing there watching it in awe. The joys of living in the country. The .22 Hornet would be an AWESOME choice to knock em down. We have to use rimfire rifles at night. The .17HMR really isn't great unless you put it in the think tank. They run too far after shot and I've lost alot that make it back to the woods because they don't bleed. I'm probably going to move to the .17WSM.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
No, I don't save the Pelts the market just isn't worth it. I just hunt them to help farmers in my community. If and when I get a big male I will do a full body mount on it.

Yes last year my little Chiweenie dog come flying out of the woods and was making a beeline to the front door with sheer fear in her eyes, and right on her heels was a Yote. It didn't break chase until about 50 feet from the porch. I was standing there watching it in awe. The joys of living in the country. The .22 Hornet would be an AWESOME choice to knock em down. We have to use rimfire rifles at night. The .17HMR really isn't great unless you put it in the think tank. They run too far after shot and I've lost alot that make it back to the woods because they don't bleed. I'm probably going to move to the .17WSM.
And yet, it hard to say whether chiwe learned his lesson or not. Great story,thx

I just told a neighbor that , yes I get frustrated with some of my neighbors, and yes i bitch about the holiday/weekend warriors but just wait till Monday and they all leave . Country Living much nicer than in the city where the density gets too nerve-racking for this kid. We just have to put up with the kridders but I am thankful for them all.
Our "wild" rio grande turkey outside my window
20161109_134720-800x450.jpg
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-11-2016, 09:01 PM   #208

A new Dewalt cordless drill for work because the old corded Milwaukee that the contractor is letting me use for his job needs to either be repaired, retired, or tossed.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-20...77C2/207105622

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 12-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #209

This, yesterday.....gotta treat the Mrs right,...... right?

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 02-06-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #210

A Garmin Nuvi 57LM GPS unit for the RPOC. I want to see which speedo is closest to being correct. I actually ordered it about two weeks ago and used hotel points to pay for it. Just got it set up today. Can't use it on the rig yet because it doesn't fit the 'Universal' mount that I have on the CX. So, technically, I ordered a new handle bar mount today.

Going through the voices, I see I'm stuck with Michelle or Samantha. I was hoping for PeeWee Herman, Sponge Bob, HAL 9000, or Kenneth Branagh.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts