Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #196

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ream
New website,nice.Funny thing though,I did`nt see any GY`s in it !! Did you sell all your GY-2`s to people that ordered GY-5`s, and now you have no GY`s???
YEA I NOTICED THAT TOO..

Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #197

Maybe I'm crazy....but if my business had an unhappy customer because of my (company's) mistake, and all other attempts to resolve the problem failed in the way this one has, at this point (or maybe a week ago) I would provide a partial refund.

ATVD admits it was their mistake. They know their customer was unhappy and settled for the wrong product. A full refund wasn't wanted (as determined by his actions), but why has there not been a partial refund to show that they are in fact really sorry for the way the transaction turned out, as well as a way of paying for the damaged battery?

Several people pointed out the risk involved in keeping a bike that was in a container with that open battery acid. Portez is willing to keep the bike, that's fine...he doesn't deserve a full refund....but he should get something for having received a damaged and incorrect product.

ATVD might not be able to charge a partial refund to his CC, but they could easily cut him a check and mail it to the address they sent the bike.

It's all fine and well to say they tried to rectify the situation, but as far as I understand it, they did not make any extra effort to make their customer happy. It seems they were content to let him keep the damaged bike so they could say it's all his fault. They don't seem to care that he's still extremely unhappy. A partial refund won't change the past, but would (in my opinion) prove that it was in fact an honest mistake.

If it were my business, I would want the customer to know that I really am sorry, even if there was a history of angry emails and whatever during the process. ATVD doesn't have to like their customers, but they do need to treat them all the same....with honesty and respect.

As I've said elsewhere, I doubt we have all the facts...but I do believe we have enough information to understand what's what.

One last thought....a happy customer MIGHT tell one person. An unhappy customer will always tell at least 10 people. Unhappy people are very eager to spread the word.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #198

atv discount

i dont care about excuses, if your in business of retailing or what ever to the general public, there's no excuse .. period :x
>
one complaint and its handled,
not , uhuhumm,,,, I so and so, fill in the name if you want . at cheap quads here sell over 30 thousand units a year/month/week. what ever, !
will there be issues in selling to the public yes,
>
but the issue here is you scanted, miss conducted yourself, ducted out.
i have not lost a customer to lousy business tactics,
i how ever have lost customers for poor quality products,
1 day or 30 days if your still not satisfied bring it back for a full refund no questions asked, thats it , no ducking and running like on the news with that one dealer in texas did.
>
so step up to the plate and give service till it hurts, if you loose $ on the sale , you loose $ on the sale. SO WHAT , YOU ARE SELLING A CHEAP PRODUCT,..... make the customer happy not you , that is greed
i'm done .DD

Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #199

Thanks for all the support. You can determine their business ethic just based on the tone in their emails that I posted and the feedback they leave. A partial refund would be nice, I don't care what they say the fact is the GY2 is worth less, its a discontinued bike for christ sake!! They would have spent $600 in shipping this one back and sending the correct one out (about $300 each bike) if they had a GY5. At bare minumim they would have spent $300 shipping this one back. So where is the savings going? In their greedy pocket. It's funny they have not responded to my reply, now you can all see their shadow games for yourselfs or they may just crawl out from under the rock and reply when they see all the angry people that will not buy from them. If you still fall for there oh we are innocent we wanted to help games talk to all the other people that they screwed.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #200

:!: lets move on to something else,
:idea:

Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #201

Looks like they won. Maybe you should have let them pick it up. I agree that its time to move on. Take them to court.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #202

So this is going to have to be the new fraudulent title + ATVD Scam thread.

So I have a 2006/2008 Lifan GY2-GY5 that was made in 04/2006 and then remade in 03/2008. It's one of a kind.. You can see the fraudulent title here..

Please refer to and continue THIS thread http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=4016

TeamCheap

Like others have said, in a nutshell the document is not correct and THEY (ATVD) are the ones who did it and you if you do it right can sting them a bit by their own sloppy lazy business practices they have so willingly accepted to use.

That will indeed come back as an 06 (10th digit in vin) model is not correct although it is labeled as three models right on the bikes sticker but that could be argued and won.

I would give ATVD one last chance to make it legally correct or you'll just have to take care of it and then go report it to the proper authority who knows and can deal with it severely.

You know what just scratch that last part and burn-em if you can they dont deserve any less.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #203

I got curious and lookd at my actual title,not the mso.Its the same way. But the state didnt catch on.

Works out well for my current situation! State Farm has to buy it.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
Do you think the Japanese went through all of this crap when they were trying to put out an XR whatever? What did we do before the internet.....
When i was a kid in the mid 60's (yeah, i know), a buddie of mine wanted me to go with him to check out some cheap Japanese motorcycles that a shop was selling in town. We got a real chuckle out of their wierd name "Yamaha" or something like that!!

Think they were all 2 stroke singles and a huge 350??? called a "Big Bear" or something. Still we drooled on them

Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #205

For the record..

"atvdiscounter Apr-24-08 at 12:45:09 PDT

We have not seen any pictures with a leaky battery or a different bike then in our auction. We sent the correct bike and correct title im not sure what your talking about but you need to end the dispute or we may take legal action against you. We do not take false allegations lightly and will not send you free battery!! We sent you the correct title so you must close the dispute immediately or we will take swift action.

Thank you"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=56b_1198704767

"Our founding fathers would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with" - Ron Paul

Old 04-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
atvdiscounter Apr-24-08 at 12:45:09 PDT

We have not seen any pictures with a leaky battery or a different bike then in our auction. We sent the correct bike and correct title im not sure what your talking about but you need to end the dispute or we may take legal action against you. We do not take false allegations lightly and will not send you free battery!! We sent you the correct title so you must close the dispute immediately or we will take swift action.

Thank you
Contradicts what they posted on here a little, I doubt they really want a court battle about this. They would lose badly.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #207

Look Porterz, all BS aside here. You said you were taking ATVD to court. If this is the case and you need my title to be part of your case let me know. Mt Texas Title says 2007 but the vin decodes as a 2006. I dont have a beef with them but I feel your pain in buying a streetable bike that cant be titled for road use. Let me know if I can help on this issue. This is not a stab, I am being serious . Best of luck.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #208

Maybe phone who ever it was who came here defending atvd as a company representative and let him know who ever is working for him is full of crap?

or, better yet, go to one of these websites, like blogspot and open your own blog atvdiscounterdisputes.blogspot.com or something, and document everything, in order, without all the garbage ("f this, f them, arguing back and forth") and so on, just the facts, and make sure only to state fact or opinion as to not be slanderous or libel and put a link in your forum signature.

Document it all from the beginning, all the emails, your emails, and the "defense" posted here by the company representative, then the email that came after.

Include a link to it in all further correspondence with the company.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
I dont have a beef with them but I feel your pain in buying a streetable bike that cant be titled for road use. Let me know if I can help on this issue. This is not a stab, I am being serious . Best of luck.
There's a true god-damned gentleman right there!
I hope this is the beginning of the end for all the pointless catty posting.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMoose
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
I dont have a beef with them but I feel your pain in buying a streetable bike that cant be titled for road use. Let me know if I can help on this issue. This is not a stab, I am being serious . Best of luck.
There's a true god-damned gentleman right there!
I hope this is the beginning of the end for all the pointless catty posting.
Second that motion.