Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
A brand new motor too. Doesn't seem like a good investment so far.
Yeah, I'm kind of pissed off. The quality is definitely subpar. So far the engine itself runs well but I honestly have only put maybe 50 miles on it.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #182

Well I won't mention names but a couple of our esteemed members have been salivating over this motor for a couple of years. I bet now they're glad you stepped up to be the Guinea pig. I'm kinda concerned myself because the sport quad I'm planning on buying has a Loncin OHC motor as well.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 11-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #183

There has been a Hawk or two with shift selection issues as well, and more than a few guys have had to fix it. Most shift selectors are very unforgiving to any sort of wear or damage, and if the selector had and premature wear from your initial clutch issue it could have been accelerated or already damaged, and the fact that you are now noticing a problem is just a coincidence.

Believe me, I know this type of frustration well. Don't give up now over a relatively small issue. Either walk away for a bit and come back to it, or delve in and treat it symptomatically and fix it once and for all. Clear your head and try to push the frustration away.

My First hawk seemed to have a new issue every other week for months, and I wanted to throw it off a bridge more than once. After finally sorting through all of the issues it was a good little bike. Bike two hasn't been the same way in large part due to me knowing where to go and what to do right off the bat to prevent most of those issues.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 11-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #184

Yeah I'm slowly taking it all apart and going to look at it closely again

Old 11-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
There has been a Hawk or two with shift selection issues as well, and more than a few guys have had to fix it. Most shift selectors are very unforgiving to any sort of wear or damage, and if the selector had and premature wear from your initial clutch issue it could have been accelerated or already damaged, and the fact that you are now noticing a problem is just a coincidence.

Believe me, I know this type of frustration well. Don't give up now over a relatively small issue. Either walk away for a bit and come back to it, or delve in and treat it symptomatically and fix it once and for all. Clear your head and try to push the frustration away.

My First hawk seemed to have a new issue every other week for months, and I wanted to throw it off a bridge more than once. After finally sorting through all of the issues it was a good little bike. Bike two hasn't been the same way in large part due to me knowing where to go and what to do right off the bat to prevent most of those issues.
Megadan, any idea where I can buy parts for the Loncin. I'm going to replace the entire shifter rod, springs, fork and shifter star. Not sure where to even look to buy parts.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #186

Without more/better shots of the right side of the engine, based on a few factors, I venture a guess that it might have a lot in common with a CRF150/230 bottom end, with associated parts, I think 08 or 09 and newer, the year they got rid of the kickstarter. If you need help looking up parts, I can get you part numbers and (potentially) a good dealer to work with.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84convertablegt View Post
Megadan, any idea where I can buy parts for the Loncin. I'm going to replace the entire shifter rod, springs, fork and shifter star. Not sure where to even look to buy parts.
How about adding on the oil cooler clutch cover so you can add that, I only know where to get these parts in china sorry n currently I’m in Wichita Kansas

Old 11-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Without more/better shots of the right side of the engine, based on a few factors, I venture a guess that it might have a lot in common with a CRF150/230 bottom end, with associated parts, I think 08 or 09 and newer, the year they got rid of the kickstarter. If you need help looking up parts, I can get you part numbers and (potentially) a good dealer to work with.
Hey thanks for the info. I do believe that it is a clone of the crf230 engine. Looks identical and I bet the parts would fit.

Old 11-16-2019, 11:13 PM   #189

Dan's right, they all have their troubles. But thanks to the wealth of information on here, my ability to read, comprehend, and remember it all at an accelerated rate, and having 5 winter months to tinker with it along with a fat wallet, I worked out all of the known bugs before the bike was ever even started.

But that being said, I got a good one. I say this because the two other Chinese bikes we bought had trouble my Hawk never had. And as far as the tranny, a normal rider does have to give it a firm upshift into 2nd gear, but that's because the additional hand shifter does add a little bit of drag to the linkage. I'm thinking about putting a polymer bushing on the bracket coming off the jug, but realistically how many normal riders will be riding my bike, and it shifts like butter when you use the hand shifter.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 11-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #190

Quote:
Hey thanks for the info. I do believe that it is a clone of the crf230 engine. Looks identical and I bet the parts would fit.
Just use Loncin parts - should find online etc

Old 11-17-2019, 02:11 AM   #191

If you're going to replace the shifter parts (and are willing to split the cases), I'd look at replacing the shift forks and drum, while you're at it.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #192

Have you contacted the seller to see if they could send you the parts? I would think you have some kind of warranty. Worth a shot.

Since most of these CG250's are very similar I would try contacting Jeff with PeaceSports Atlanta. He could verify the dimension before you order the shifter. I would be welling to bet its the same as the Brozz https://shop.brozz250.com/eshopprod_..._Mechanism.htm

Or TT250 https://store.cscmotorcycles.com/TT2...EVER-s/317.htm
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Have you contacted the seller to see if they could send you the parts? I would think you have some kind of warranty. Worth a shot.

Since most of these CG250's are very similar I would try contacting Jeff with PeaceSports Atlanta. He could verify the dimension before you order the shifter. I would be welling to bet its the same as the Brozz https://shop.brozz250.com/eshopprod_..._Mechanism.htm

Or TT250 https://store.cscmotorcycles.com/TT2...EVER-s/317.htm
I have contacted the seller. They are being responsive but are suggesting the problem is a bunch of other things that isnt the problem such as the clutch. As far as the parts go, Brozz, TT250, and Hawk parts for that matter are not interchangable. They are similar though but won't work for multiple reasons including different shaft lengths and a completely different actuating mechanism. I do believe that Honda CRF230F parts will be a direct fit. This engine seems to be a clone of the OHC 230 engine in late model era CRF230F.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #194

Quote:
I have contacted the seller. They are being responsive but are suggesting the problem is a bunch of other things that isnt the problem such as the clutch. As far as the parts go, Brozz, TT250, and Hawk parts for that matter are not interchangable. They are similar though but won't work for multiple reasons including different shaft lengths and a completely different actuating mechanism. I do believe that Honda CRF230F parts will be a direct fit. This engine seems to be a clone of the OHC 230 engine in late model era CRF230F.
Hopefully the CRF230F parts fit. That would make life much simpler.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #195

I should be back in china in a week n half - try me then