Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #166

clutch adjustment

You may remember I got a complete replacement motor and tranny. Everything on my bike works great. I took 1/8 off the clutch handle and 1/4 inch off the inline bracket. I was then able to adjust end play. Without this additional 3/8 I could never get the correct adjustment. Is your clutch hard to squeez?
8)

Old 06-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #167

Yes it is hard to squeeze. I have been afraid to adjust it more as I thought it would break something. How far does your little lever arm down on the engine housing actually move when your clutch moves the full amount.

Glad to hear things are working for you!

Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #168

clutch adjustment

About 1/4 the way around. My original clutch was very hard to squeez. The new one is not. I would check the little spring under the clutch arm. If that spring gets under the arm. the clutch will never fully release. You have to remove the tranny cover to see what I am talking about. I cant post pics I could send a short video to you on email.
Catdog 8O

Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #169

I know from reading others comments that I have a flaw on mine. I am out of luck on this because I am not going to replace it, and I am sure I can't get the warranty replacement. I always assumed that I had a fairly simple problem, but I think this is something they found and corrected. I simply can not get my clutch to disengage all the way. I even have to stop the engine at long stops as I cant get it into neutral with the engine running. I have a serious problem getting it into several gears, and I need to treat it with kid gloves. If it breaks I might see what can be done.

I am very glad you have yours working well! Thanks for the input.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #170

clutch

Good luck. When I made the deal to swap. I decided to have a look under the tranny cover. You have to drain the oil but ita no real problen. You would be able to see the spring and the tranny should work without it
good luckt
catdog 8O

Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #171

I did not understand what you said before, and now when I get time I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #172

Sounds like there might be a solution to the problem ahead! i will keep my fingers crossed and hope it goes well.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Sounds like there might be a solution to the problem ahead! i will keep my fingers crossed and hope it goes well.
X2! This particular motorcycle is a great little bike, except for the tranny problem. :( I know Yamaha was shipping TW200 motorcycles with an improperly installed return spring on the clutch lever.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #174

I am to busy for a while to get to that, but I am hopeful we can improve the situation. Thanks for the input!

Old 07-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #175

I have it apart and have not found anything at this point out of position, except, I can see that my clutch does not ever move the full amount under any possible circumstance. I am considering a slight modification that will allow the clutch to move the throw out bearing farther when the clutch is fully pulled. I am going to go on line and see if I can see a pic of any of this stuff!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #176

clutch

It sounds like you have a different problem. My problem (jumping out of gear ) was because the clutch never fully engaged when I released the clutch lever. It was like I was holding the clutch. The spring would not allow the valve shaped plunger to fully retract. It was hard to squeez because I was putting to much preasure on the clutch plates. Even when I left end play, the clutch never fully engaged.
Good luck
catdog

Old 07-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #177

I have improved some of my problem. I do have it back together, and it will take me a few days to get out and ride, as it is raining and is going to continue for three days I hear. I appreciate your input, as I would not have opened it up without your encouragement. I made some interesting modifications once I figured out what I think I needed to do. The modification that I did involves grinding out some of the housing so the clutch return spring was not riding up on the shaft. It was riding up and causing the shaft to turn and not allowing the clutch to return to a completely disengaged position. I will get back with more info in a few days.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #178

I hope you have some pics; that sounds like good stuff.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #179

I have not been out much, but I got out today for a while and I think I may need a new electronic ignition unit. It cuts out occasionally just momentarily and when it is warm, and I let it idol is will just die. It will restart in a bit, and it does not appear to be a fuel issue.

Anyone know where I can order one?

Old 08-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #180

Electrical problems

Check the headlight. I had a problem when I made a left turn. I found a mail connector that is not used. It would tuch the light housing and short the 12 volts.
Good luck. I plan to sell my 250, I have moved to a 750.
:P