Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
is there a post somewhere with the url where you got it? and thanks. the one i saw was for a 125 cc engine.
Some 250 can't fit 125 cap as http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18688252538 warned.
No worries, Hawk uses a faith copy that direct fits, otherwise DiY the holes as http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...9&postcount=59

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-25-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Here ya go. Isn't the Hawk engine a bored and stroked CG125...
CG is loosen term. Even the 1?? family had many illegitimates http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post80608

Old 03-20-2016, 04:58 AM   #153

thanks to both of you!!!!
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-23-2016, 04:34 PM   #154

Quote:
The kit was complete with valve cover,banjo bolts,hoses and all mounting hardware. As long as the bike is moving it's going to be cooler running engine. Perfect for my intended purpose of distance travel. overall is was a super easy inexpensive mod as most alterations are. This by far is the easiest and cheapest bike to work on that I have ever owned. May switch over to this fender to improve air flow.
I went ahead and ordered one of those front fenders. I have a days worth of upgrades to do on my bike when I get a chance. I'm going to install one of those oil coolers too. Got some street tires to put on, sprockets to change, fork oil to change. Going to check the valves when I put the oil cooler on. Also looking at getting a cargo rack. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._dp_o_pC_S_ttl

ATTENTION: THE PICTURE BELOW IS NOT MINE AND DOWNLOADED FROM AMAZON
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51AdhZpyqoL.jpg (51.7 KB, 582 views)

Old 03-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider93 View Post
I went ahead and ordered one of those front fenders. I have a days worth of upgrades to do on my bike when I get a chance. I'm going to install one of those oil coolers too. Got some street tires to put on, sprockets to change, fork oil to change. Going to check the valves when I put the oil cooler on. Also looking at getting a cargo rack. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._dp_o_pC_S_ttl
Would love to see a photo once you get the fender on. As far as the oil cooler goes, I'm not certain it's necessary, but for $60 it's a cheap enough investment to help keep it cooler. With my demands I'm going to place on the Hawk I hope it will make a big difference in engine cooling.
As far as rear racks go, I fabbed one up from a $6.00/cutting board, I also made a bash plate from a cutting board. I'll post some pics this weekend. Can anyone tell that I used to ride KLR's(el cheapo).

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 03-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #156

Quote:
Would love to see a photo once you get the fender on. As far as the oil cooler goes, I'm not certain it's necessary, but for $60 it's a cheap enough investment to help keep it cooler. With my demands I'm going to place on the Hawk I hope it will make a big difference in engine cooling.
I know that even if it only helps a little it will be an improvement. My bike got pretty warm last summer in the humid heat of Missouri. I'll post pics when I get it put on. Only down side of the fender is that it's black instead of green.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #157

Quote:
As far as rear racks go, I fabbed one up from a $6.00/cutting board, I also made a bash plate from a cutting board. I'll post some pics this weekend. Can anyone tell that I used to ride KLR's(el cheapo).
Dang it I was about to do this on the weekend I guess you'll beat me to the post. I am going to fab up some panier racks to help keep my saddle bags even and off the exhaust. The exhaust dosent damage them but it's best to keep them off and I'm geting anal about them hanging unevenly due to the exhaust. Are you going to attach any sheet metal to the under side of your cutting board skid plate.

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7

Old 03-23-2016, 10:13 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDSRIDER View Post
Dang it I was about to do this on the weekend I guess you'll beat me to the post. I am going to fab up some panier racks to help keep my saddle bags even and off the exhaust. The exhaust dosent damage them but it's best to keep them off and I'm geting anal about them hanging unevenly due to the exhaust. Are you going to attach any sheet metal to the under side of your cutting board skid plate.
The cutting board is pretty tough stuff, I don't think it's necessary to add any sheet metal

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 03-24-2016, 05:11 AM   #159

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDSRIDER View Post
if you get one of those 5 dollar map tubes from harborfreight and mount it in left side, your bags will hang straight and you will have a great waterproof place to store tools etc. works great on both of our hawks.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #160

Quote:
if you get one of those 5 dollar map tubes from harborfreight and mount it in left side, your bags will hang straight and you will have a great waterproof place to store tools etc. works great on both of our hawks.
Hmmmm that would be a lot easier than making racks..... and I am pretty lazy...... sold!

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7

Old 04-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #161

The Pod Mod

Not satisfied with the original air box, mine was a poorly fitted design with lots of silicone applied at the manufacture, I originally installed a straight pod filter on the carb but the induction noise drove me crazy, I know it's a short drive.
Also this bike is going to see water crossings and an exposed pod filter is prone to flooding.
So with about $4.00 in parts I present the Pod Mod. Actually this is a bastardization of a mod popular with owners of the Husky TR650, which also had an inherently poor air box;
The parts are a 1 1/2" to 1"exhaust reducer, a 1 1/2" hose clamp and of course the pod filter.
Pretty simple, put pod on the 1 1/2" end of the reducer, push 1" end into inlet hose and clamp down tight. I tested this before install and the clamp does make an airtight seal, my only concern is the hose may crack or break, I'll keep an eye on it.
I also cobbled up the original paper filter and replaced it with the prefilter off the pod and siliconed it in place of the paper filter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0056.jpg (78.4 KB, 519 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0057.jpg (84.7 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0058.jpg (94.1 KB, 515 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0059.jpg (96.8 KB, 518 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 04-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #162

wow! do they have dirt roads in south america? Q.Q LOL. THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD HANDLE AN AFRICAN SANDSTORM :} looks like that end of the engine is done. u thinking a slip on or other exhaust mod?

Old 04-03-2016, 03:42 PM   #163

Quote:
wow! do they have dirt roads in south america? Q.Q LOL. THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD HANDLE AN AFRICAN SANDSTORM :} looks like that end of the engine is done. u thinking a slip on or other exhaust mod?
No I'm to cheap to add an exhaust. Anyway it mostly just makes racket, I will however decat "el halcon".

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 04-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #164

Rear rack

The wonders of a $6.00 Walmart Cutting board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rack1.jpg (98.5 KB, 565 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 04-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #165

Budget bash plate

Walmart cutting board again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bash375.jpg (96.5 KB, 605 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid