Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #151

Angry WTF Trail Tech?!?

Soooo... after waiting a week to get the 'Power Connector' from Trail Tech... I receive the wrong damn cable... they sent me a 'bigger rectangle shaped' connector for my 'smaller square shaped' connector...

Now I have to send an email and pics... and lucky me I have to wait until tomorrow for an answer to try and figure out WTF is going on... and probably wait another week+ for another (possibly WRONG) connector...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:49 PM   #152

Anyone have any info for upgraded Clutch Springs on the these push rod Chonda engines? Is it the same Barnett or KG's replacement as the OHC 200 ?

I found a really old thread with Clutch Spring replacement for the OHC but can't find anymore info than that.

Soo, if anyone knows more than I, please feel free to chime in

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #153

As long as the diameter and length are the same, I don't see why aftermarket springs wouldn't work. The only difference (IIRC) from the Honda XR200R and our clones is the number of springs in some cases. I've seen China baskets with six springs, whereas the XR200R only used four.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-19-2016, 11:48 PM   #154

Finally got the right Power Connector in the mail, we can ride at night again now that we have a back-light on the dash ... but the bike is currently not really 'ride-able' as it is still in 'pieces' for several random projects/'upgrades'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5037.jpg (25.2 KB, 191 views)

Old 07-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #155

Dropped just over 4 lbs of fat today the new battery only weighs 1 lb old battery was over 5 lbs

Just finished the custom Hydraulic Clutch Slave Cylinder Mounting Bracket

Just need to put the new chain on the bike, put the carb back together, and let some Threadlocker Gel set... then it's time to go for a ride

I also need to order a better Battery Charger for the new battery... I got a Battery Tender version and it didn't like the battery much...

New battery showed up with 13.1v "Full/ready to use", so I slapped it in the bike and started it up several times (almost a dozen times, ran the lights several times... just being the usual 'kid with a new toy' )... It only went down to 12.9v after my entire time of dinking around

So I slapped the charger on the battery and walk away for several hours... well it's still 'flashing Green/Above 80% Charging'... well a quick glance with my meter and it's still reading 12.9v and not budging

Oh well... I had my eye on a better charger from the start... reason I didn't get it from the start was the cost... 3x the price of the Battery Tender version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5042.jpg (45.3 KB, 183 views)

Old 08-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #156

Tire size help?!?

Who can help with finding a Dual Sport Tire selection for this odd rim sized bike? Looking for a more 'off road worthy' tire... Shinko 705 or their 804/805 series would be nice... both will offer better "all around handling" compared to the tires on it right now

Anyways here is what I'm looking at on the bike...

1.85x19 front tire , 90/90R19
2.15x17 rear tire , 110/90R17

Anyone with more tire knowledge able to help me out? I was usually the "R/R" guy at the dealership (remove/replace), things like 'wire diagrams' and 'what tires will fit the rim' was never my strong point

There is plenty of room above and to the sides of the tire, I can take measurements and pictures if needed, but I would say at least 1/2 to 3/4 or more inches on each side of the front tire to the forks, plenty of room above... so who can help us find some better tires for the Mrs. Bashan?

Other than that... I have found plenty of "on road" tires in the sizes above... I want to keep it a 'Dual Sport' motorcycle

Old 08-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #157

Mad

az, just by reading your post, i know i won't be of any help. maybe one of these days i can give my 2 cents worth

i thought the rim size was the the tire size, crap.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-12-2016, 01:52 AM   #158

1,000 mile review

Our little Bashan 200 has done it... it's gone over 1,000 miles!

Everywhere I asked it to go, it has gone! It also did a fair job compared to the RX3 (aftermarket parts), TT250 (stock parts), and a Suzuki DR650 (some aftermarket stuff) the other day, not to mention a Kawasaki 250cc 2 stroke a few times too... only problems with the bike over the 1,000+ miles has been either Manny's wonderful "Ready to Sell/Ride Floor Model" or my little "forgetful" moments... I will go over everything I can remember in this post

So far the Mrs. and I have...

Dropped it a few (3) times, only busted the ball off the brake lever... no other damage was done by me or the Mrs. while off roading/dropping the bike

Tire(s) always set to 29 to 30 psi... might be why we dropped it 3 times off road riding so far

Oil changes over 1,000 miles... 4, all but one using Rotella T6 5w-40... I tried some Castrol 20w50 full syn and no change in the shifting or heat was noticed...

Oil needed for top up in between oil changes... 0... Bashan needed no extra oil between changes.

Valves set once, checked 4 times over 1,000 miles... it's soo easy on this bike I figure... "why not every couple hundred miles... it takes 10 minutes to check and set them if needed"

...My "Forgetful Moments"...

Threadlocker never made it on 4 Tail/Brake light bolts leaving my tail section, brake light and turn signals bouncing off my rear tire on the trail... I needed 2 new Turn Signals after that mishap, and Detours was so generous and gifted me his unused pair

Petcock forgot to turn on leaving me stranded and in panic mode on a group ride, yuup, I've done it

Climbing 'Rock Hill' up to 12,103 feet the other day... I was in second gear... with a 17t front 43t rear sprocket plenty of speed and torque to get up the hill with my light 120lbs on the bike.... I started to get pulled to the left off the trail, foot slipped off the peg and instead of down shifting to first/getting back on the trail, I stalled the engine and dropped the bike no damage was done making me really wonder how Manny and his crew did so much freaking damage to the bike in the first place I couldn't damage it on huge freaking rocks and I was going about 8 - 10 mph

... Other stuff...

63 - 98.8+ miles per gallon over the life of the bike, usually it's in the mid 80's.

Has gone 82.6 miles per hour with a 17t front 39t rear sprocket... likes to cruise at 50 - 70 in my area depending on sprockets and wind (usually really windy up here!)

It still needs better tires, some heavier clutch springs, bigger/wider foot pegs and bar risers is a must, a kill switch would be a great improvement too (maybe find a better suspension setup )... and I really think this bike will be just about perfect for any on/off road trail I would want to go on...

Well... it wont be 'just about perfect' until I drop an OHC engine in it with 6 speeds and also find a bigger gas tank that fits the frame and seat

Old 08-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #159

Great report! These Hondiods have a ton of spirit in them. "The Little CB that Could..." ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
... with a 17t front 43t rear sprocket plenty of speed and torque to get up the hill with my light 120lbs on the bike...
Good Heavens! I weigh nearly two Azhules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Well... it wont be 'just about perfect' until I drop an OHC engine in it with 6 speeds and also find a bigger gas tank that fits the frame and seat
The Honda XR200R engine (any year other than '84-'84) would be ideal. The stator from the L version would take care of the batteries and lights and the only downside is losing the magic button. I already bought an XR200R tank, and I intend to buy a matching seat. I'll fab whatever is necessary to make them fit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Good Heavens! I weigh nearly two Azhules.
You and me both......... Don't we share a common love for a hops and barley tincture? ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
You and me both......... Don't we share a common love for a hops and barley tincture? ;-)
Only as a liniment.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #163

1,500+ miles report/service done

Bike is still running strong... I ride it for an hour or 2 going 70+ mph sometimes, no problems, no overheating, no drinking oil... but it does only get 58 miles per gallon when riding at those speeds and fighting the wind we have up here

New records to report :

Longest ride : 500+ miles in a 14 hour period
Longest ride at 70+ MPH : about 2.5 hours keeping up with I-25 Traffic the entire time

Highest MPG: 103.409 and 109.879 miles per gallon was recorded on yesterdays trip
Lowest MPG: 53 miles per gallon... riding all off road, slow trails, climbing hills, and two 70+ mph highway runs to top it off

Rode 54.6 miles on 0.528 gallons of fuel = 103.409 miles per gallon
Rode 109.0 miles on 0.992 gallons of fuel = 109.879 miles per gallon

If I can ever learn to keep my speeds down, the 17t front 39t rear sprocket combo can get 100+ miles per gallon while putsin around doing 55 and under the whole time

I will need a new chain guide/roller soon... the stock Bashan one is crap and I can see the UniBear chain eating through the swing arm in no time

Other than needing a few new parts (1 chain guide/roller, better tires still, and other "farckling")... the bike has performed great...

I just got done doing the 1,500+ mile service to the bike... includes (but not limited to) :

Valves checked
Engine/Suspension mounting bolts greased/torqued to spec (again)
New DOT4 brake fluid (Mag1 brand)
New 'ISO 46' Hydraulic Clutch Fluid (Renewable Lubricants Mineral Oil Substitute)
New Engine/Transmission Oil (you all know my go to oil... Rotella T6 5w40)
New Fork Oil (Mobil 1 ATF)
And I sprayed it down with my 'secret mix' to help prevent future rust...

I did a lot more than that, but I'm still a little foggy in the mind after 14 hours on the road yesterday...

Going to see about doing a ride from my house to my grams out in Ohio going to sign up and do an Iron Butt Challenge when I do that ride too... might as well make the 1,200 mile ride interesting and do it under a day and get a fancy patch to top everything off... all while riding on a 197cc China Bike

Old 08-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #164

Installed some Braided Brake lines on the Bashan today... total cost, $13 or $14 for both including 6 day shipping from China... was it worth the wait for shipping, the time to install, and $$$ it cost?!? ...

Yes... yes it was

Front and rear brakes are at least 1,000,000 times better

Might snap a few pics, but who really needs to see pics of boring brake lines

Old 08-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #165

Wow azh.!

Your Really pushing it

I have been think about spud and have been thinking that he is probably doing the east coast and back challenge on his rx3
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~