Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #1561

Since we started years ago with metabo, needed another one. Found on ebay, was a good buy. They really hold up under severe use. Have a few to send in for repair to metabo, and they do an excellent repair for the $$.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metabogrinder.jpg (10.3 KB, 59 views)
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #1562

Bday present for the mrs! Vortex spotting scope!!! But I forgot the tripod. Going to take her out for dinner tonight, romance her.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Last edited by wedooit; 10-14-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Old 10-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #1563

hitch bolt on.jpgI bought one of those bicycle carriers that fits in the 2" hitch receiver for my RV trailer. Upon receipt, I found out that my RV trailer had no receiver hitch on the back (my old previous RV had one).
-Fortunately, I found a 2" receiver on the internet that would bolt-on to my 4"x4" RV bumper. It is not rated for towing, but it allows you to carry 200lbs on a bicycle carrier or cargo basket.
-You can get bolt-on 2" receivers for RVs that can be used for towing, but they cost a lot more.
-I had been trailer camping for for 6 years, but did not realize these bolt-on hitch receivers are available!

Old 10-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #1564

picked this up for a C note at Home Depot yesterday, time to u[grade from the 12v one i have had for 2 years that i have broken most of the batteries for...

Old 10-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Wrote a $29,000.00 check and now own Chez Fromage free and clear.
Oh, the irony. Looks like we are submitting a bid this week on a new Chez Fromage.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 10-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #1566

Picked up some new tires for the Hawk and DR. The front tire on the Hawk is still in decent shape, I just ride way too much on the street to keep that aggressive of a knobby on it. The DR is still on the stock front with 10,000 miles, and the second rear. I picked up Shinko 705's for the DR, and Continental Twinduro TKC 80's for the Hawk. Getting ready for the big ride to Wickenburg next month.
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1571440083
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tires.jpg (91.1 KB, 43 views)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-18-2019, 11:28 PM   #1567

Manior du Fromage.
https://www.atproperties.com/1048546...nois-60119-nei

This is what I was looking for 25 years ago.
Got a better deal than the listed price. Apparently, not being able to go more than a month without a mortgage is hereditary. My Dad says he did it three times. We will still have Chez Fromage for the foreseeable future but its sale will cover the mortgage on this one.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 10-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #1568

Quote:
Manior du Fromage.

Got a better deal than the listed price. Apparently, not being able to go more than a month without a mortgage is hereditary. My Dad says he did it three times. We will still have Chez Fromage for the foreseeable future but its sale will cover the mortgage on this one.
noice!!!! that back yard is big enough to host a chinariders rally... the 4 season room will be very nice as well for the IL crappy winters....

Old 10-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #1569

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
noice!!!! that back yard is big enough to host a chinariders rally... the 4 season room will be very nice as well for the IL crappy winters....
Spot on bogie!!! Very nice!!! Yes big back yard, lots of china riders can camp out, bring tents motorhomes!!!!!! Comes with washer and dryer in case someone needs a change of underwear!

Old 10-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #1570

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Spot on bogie!!! Very nice!!! Yes big back yard, lots of china riders can camp out, bring tents motorhomes!!!!!! Comes with washer and dryer in case someone needs a change of underwear!
as long as OneLeggedRider and Mc FailButter stay away, noone should need any changes of underwear...LOL

Old 10-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #1571

Quote:
Manior du Fromage.

That price made me say bad words; I wish we could find something that amazing for such a good deal. That said, congrats!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #1572

Very Nice, Cheesy! Looks like that garage is big enough for plenty of bicycles, and maybe another Ural! Congrats on the new place!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #1573

So it's been kind of a shopping spree this weekend. Harbor Freight had a 25% off coupon for Inside Track Members, and I came across a craigslist ad for parts for the vintage Honda's. I was able to pick up an engine, complete front and rear wheel sets with the brake plates, and a set of fenders for $200. Then another $250 or so at Harbor Freight for a 20 gallon parts washer and a benchtop sandblasting cabinet. Add into all this the previously mentioned tires that came in yesterday. I also got a box of Cigars so that I had something to enjoy with a Scotch when I'm out in the garage tinkering with all this stuff...
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1571522314
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1571522435
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1571522435
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0696.jpg (91.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0697.jpg (91.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0699.jpg (88.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (87.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0701.jpg (89.0 KB, 54 views)

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #1574

Things sure have changed since I got my last mortgage 25 years ago. Of course, we didn't have cell phones then, either. I swear I have gotten more text messages from the realtor in the last three days than I have from old weird Harold in the last three months. The e-signing of documents is all new to me, too. We are looking at Nov 18 closing date.

Mrs. C is already planning on what to move down there and what to leave here until it's sold. She is also cracking the whip on projects that have needed to get done. I'm still a bit PO'd about her remodel of the kitchen cabinets, but hey. I tossed her internet plans for the remodel and showed her how it was going to be done. Got more completed today than she had in the last three weeks.

Besides that great garage, I get something else I've never had before and that is my very own closet in the Master Bedroom.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #1575

Quote:
Besides that great garage, I get something else I've never had before and that is my very own closet in the Master Bedroom.
Don't get used to it... When we had this house built, we had a master closet big enough to be a spare bedroom. About the only thing I can tell you about it is what color the carpet is. I thought the same thing, plenty of space, maybe I'll finally have somewhere to hand my nice dress clothes... Nope. Somehow Mrs. E's closet utilization expanded exponentially...

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up