Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #16

Another random question... sorry for going all over the place here, but I was wondering how long should I be breaking the engine in for, and how many riding hours should I wait before installing the performance CDI module, I realize it's all a matter of personal preference, but I want to make this bike last.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #17

ngk plug & rear wheel problem

YES the NGK PLUG is the D8EA.. and I had the rear wheel bolts come loose as well... one of the locks was not on the hub... remember to keep the tire pressure up.. as one of muy customers did not and then spun the tire & tube.. other wise the bike is ok... I had a side gasket leak.. John said there is an issuse with the gaskets.. he gave me some to change out.. I have not done this yet.. the bike with the 21 & 18 inch tires seems like it is the better bike compared to the 19 & 16 tire model.. I just ordered some of the 140 cc dirt bikes.. they will be here maybe this week. hope they are good.. I see they do not have the electric start.. LOVE THE ELECTRIC START... the cable nuts need to be checked as they are loose every time I set one up...

Old 07-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #18

Re: ngk plug & rear wheel problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
YES the NGK PLUG is the D8EA.. and I had the rear wheel bolts come loose as well... one of the locks was not on the hub... remember to keep the tire pressure up.. as one of muy customers did not and then spun the tire & tube.. other wise the bike is ok... I had a side gasket leak.. John said there is an issuse with the gaskets.. he gave me some to change out.. I have not done this yet.. the bike with the 21 & 18 inch tires seems like it is the better bike compared to the 19 & 16 tire model.. I just ordered some of the 140 cc dirt bikes.. they will be here maybe this week. hope they are good.. I see they do not have the electric start.. LOVE THE ELECTRIC START... the cable nuts need to be checked as they are loose every time I set one up...
Did you get your 140s? I just ordered one and would like to know what to watch out for, and what spark plug it takes... It will be at the lake so figure I should be prepared before I take it out of town to assemble.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #19

140 cc

YES , I have the 140 cc but no time to assemble them.. .. the x31 has a problem with the fuel line coming from the tank to the carb.. first it is a cheap line.. second.. they like to pinch at the tank and starve the carb of fuel causing it to shut off because of lack of fuel.. I always use the clear fuel line ( best line) and then I can see the fuel plus it is more flexible so it does not kink.. save time and change up to the better line.. about $5.00 a roll at CTC.. 3/16LINE..

Old 07-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #20

the xm31 is a POS. plain and simple. replaced so many things on it.. and the engine still seized.. haha dont buy Chinese, you will regret it..
chris

Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #21

dont worry about breaking in the engine.. it will break way before that will help..

Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #22

Have you considered repowering your unit with a new Chinese motor or maybe a Japanese engine? One of our members has done that with success.

Also, since there's nothing to lose and a lot to learn have you considered trying to fix your current motor?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #23

You need to remember that the engine isnt the only thing thats horrible quality.. the bike was falling apart.. the suspension was dangerous... both tires had flats (fixed both) the bolts rattle loose.. the plastics break.. the metal breaks.. it would be much better to get an older model Japanese bike.. trust me!