Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #1

zongshen vs lifan?

Anyone have any comparison of the lifan 200gy-5 to the zongshen enduro, it looks awesome, though I read it has rear drum brakes, where as my lifan has both disc...

How is the zongshen? It really looks sharp, though Im not even sure they're in Canada?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #2

This was taken from a dealer of Zongshen. As far as I've been able to discern, Roketa is made by Zongshen or at least the engine is.

The manufacturer:

You probably haven't heard of Zongshen yet, but you will in 2007. Zongshen is one of China's largest private motorcycle and automotive manufactures. The Zongshen manufacturing facility can produce four million units annually. They have partnered with Harley Davidson to help Harley enter the Chinese market.

The company has made a substantial investment in the US market, and they are here to stay. Parts are stocked here in the US and readily available within a few days from the Zongshen warehouse and headquarters in Miami, Florida. There are Zongshen dealerships in many, but not all states, and the dealership network is growing rapidly. Visit the Zongshenamerica.com web site to search for a dealer in your area and to view additional models and specifications.

Zongshen motorcycles are not cheap knock-offs of Japanese motorcycles and are designed, engineered and manufactured by Zongshen, including the engine and other components.

Zongshen motorcycles are listed by many major insurance companies, Progressive, Geico, and others.

Zongshen motorcycles are different then the rest of the Chinese motorcycles currently flooding the US market. The Zongshen Motorcycle group is an ISO 9000 certified company. ISO9000 is a worldwide quality certification that ensures quality from the design phase through the production of the final product. The engineering, design and quality of the components and performance of Zongshen motorcycles is comparable to other major manufactures.

The Zongshen Motorcycle Racing Team, founded in 1999, is unique because it is the only Chinese motorcycle racing team to participate in the World Motorcycle Championships. This racing experience results in performance improvements and increased reliability for their production motorcycles.

Zongshen produces a full line of small to medium displacement street motorcycles, as well as, ATV's, engines and power equipment. There is a growing nationwide network of Zongshen dealerships to service, repair and provide warranty work for your motorcycle. Replacement and warranty parts are stocked in the US for immediate availability.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #3

If you want the Lifan with dual disc brakes you'd better hurry. A dealer told me that the next shipment of Lifan's will have a rear drum brake. Lifan has had problems with the rear disc. He got that information at the dealers show.
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #4

Well if it's the same problem that we had with the Roketas, then it's a pretty easy fix.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 04-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy250
Well if it's the same problem that we had with the Roketas, then it's a pretty easy fix.

Jason
YUP!!!

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 AM   #6

same problem i had it. i don't think lifan's is as bad where as you had to cut and adjust on mine i just adjusted the rear brake lever to releive the presure on the master cyl. my dealer had me show them how today

Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #7

Oh I already got the lifan, was just curious... My rear brake seems fine, though I think there may be a problem with the front. My dad is getting his on sat so I can compare, but it looks like the left pad is nonexistent... Will look and compare sat.