Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #46

The jets for the mikuni PZ 30 ( GIO upgrade carb ) can be purchased at any bike shop, you will need to check your spark plug and jet accordingly, i will add that the exhaust i have on now breathes much better than the performance beast and stock mufflers did, i also have the UNI air filter on the carb so it can get lots of air in. While i haven't seen a T3 in person yet, i can say that maybe the bigger tires on the T3 may affect your "wheelieability".
So to wrap it up you must jet to what your engine wants, i have a very low restrictive air filter and an exhaust that flows much better than stock or the performance one and that is why i had to go up 4 main jet sizes and 2 on the pilot.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #47

may i ask what exactly you have for exaust

Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
The jets for the mikuni PZ 30 ( GIO upgrade carb ) can be purchased at any bike shop, you will need to check your spark plug and jet accordingly, i will add that the exhaust i have on now breathes much better than the performance beast and stock mufflers did, i also have the UNI air filter on the carb so it can get lots of air in. While i haven't seen a T3 in person yet, i can say that maybe the bigger tires on the T3 may affect your "wheelieability".
So to wrap it up you must jet to what your engine wants, i have a very low restrictive air filter and an exhaust that flows much better than stock or the performance one and that is why i had to go up 4 main jet sizes and 2 on the pilot.
Is your exhaust really loud?
In the Simcoe County Forest Trail System the noise limit is 96db (correction, should read 94 bd)at 2000 rpm at 18" or something like that. A spark arrester is also required.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ripper
may i ask what exactly you have for exaust
I have the Beast performance exhaust and i switched the muffler to the GIO monster performance exhuast one. It is a bit lounder than the performance beast muffler but not by too much, as for spark arrestor it only has a screen with 15 holes in it at the exit end.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #50

I have a similar setup on my Beast as Waynev as well, (mikuni, uni, monster pipe, performance cdi) while it has a nice sound to it I don't think it's over 96 dB. I'm not sure how well the plate with the holes it in will work for a spark arrestor, but it's not 'straight through'