Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #1

Gio Mini Beast 110cc

I've been lurking around the web site since the fall of last year and read a lot of great posts all of which have helped me from assembly of the Mini Beast to maint. & upgraded parts... so I thought I would post a question to see if you can help guide me...

I have had a problem with Diamond (aka pink camo gio)... When we take Diamond out for a long period of time, lets say 30-45 min of use she doesn't want to go anywhere when you give her gas... she will start right back up and idle fine but touch the throtle and put put put and then she dies...

Now the last time this took place (in the winter) I changed the oil (synthetic bike oil) and put in a new plug (NGK) and she drove great during the short periods of time when she was riding... but now tonight we went out back riding for about 35 min and then I had to push Diamond back to our house (approx. 2km thru the bush...grrr)

My Little girl thought it was funny that we had to push diamond back and was telling Diamond that it was ok that Daddy will fix her and she will be back riding her again soon...

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? To me it seems that the gas is vaporizing to quickly and not getting thru the carb... but what do I know... I'm somewhat useless when it comes to this stuff... but I'm willing to read and learn

The bike is stock... no upgrades other than the plug and the syn oil... weather outside tonight was around 15 C

Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #2

It's a good time to remove the plug and confirm that it's a decent colour (greyish tan, neither black nor white). Clean / replace as necessary.

Once your past that, it wouldn't hurt to remove and clean the carb. Aerosol carb cleaner is cheap at Wal-Mart. TurboT had an issue with the air / fuel screw falling out, so make sure it's still in place (there should be one air / fuel screw and one idle screw).

Diamond will be purring before you know it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #3

Yep, i'd be checking the plug, sounds like it might be a bit lean and the long runs is getting the engine too hot, have you tried 1/2 choke when it would not run?, this would verify that you need a bit more fuel thru the carb.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #4

I tried a few different spots with the choke... nothing seemed to work... I will pull the plug and have a look at it...

I started to do it but then I touched the exhaust pipe and burnt my hand so instead I decided to grab a beer and hit the chinariders.net web site

Old 04-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #5

Took the time this weekend to pull the plug and it was a dark brown colour... not really black... put new one in and swaped out the oil...

Took a little to get Diamond to start back up but once she did I was able to feather the throtle to get her back to normal... didn't pull the carb and clean it might do that next weekend...

I'll keep you posted how Diamond performs

Thx for the input fellas!