Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #1

Optima project update

Just an update on the Corps of Engineers opening up the old dam to OHVs. We've got until midnight sunday to offer opinions at the following website. Just flood them with emails of your opinions if you would please. I'll fill you all in tomorrow on todays meeting.

http://www.swt.usace.army.mil/~news/...ail.CFM?ID=473

Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

Well, The Corps of Engineers are beginning to accept the idea of allowing ohvs into the project lands. They also discussed the town of Guymon Ok, which is west of the dam to release 2.5mil gallons of water per day to the creeks that feed the lake area. My only gripe about that is, if it was that easy why didn't they do that years ago? If none of the plans pan out, I don't believe they will sell the land back to the original owners simply because the C of E is making to much money from oil and gas royalties. From what I heard at the meeting they are recieving an average of a half a million dollars per year from royalties alone. When brought up at the meeting they simply said they don't have any control over that money, but many there felt the money was being spent on other C of E lakes in the state. I smell more government bs in my opinion. The website I included in my earlier post has an email address for comments regarding what peoples thoughts are about the future of the project and what should be done. Comments are and should be made by anyone involved in the ohv sport whether you are out of state or not since it has a direct impact on all of us and future generations.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #3

Typically any funds generated on corps projects go directly to the general treasury. Any money spent has to be appropriated by Congress.

Now their is some clauses to that. Timber sales can go back to the project, but I don't believe it is legal to use that money at a different project.